Which one is better for you?

Replies

• I think the reduced fat kind has hydrogenated oils in it, or "trans fats."
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Organic, no added sugar for me
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    I would go with the regular, just my opinion. I'm pretty sure they are equal in terms of calorie content and the reduced fat doesn't taste as good. Better yet, go with a natural PB.
  • Organic, no added sugar for me

I agree! The fat in nuts isn't the same as the fat in meat or processed foods. It is actually good for you!
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    I use regular peanut butter, but I buy the whipped kind so that I can use less because is spreads easier, so therefore I have the taste but less calories.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Organic, no added sugar for me

I agree! The fat in nuts isn't the same as the fat in meat or processed foods. It is actually good for you!

And its always gotta be crunchy!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Can someone explain why the Skippy Reduced Fat is 25% less fat ....... but only saves you a paltry 5-6 calories per serving? Come on, most of the calories in PB are fat! I thought this was crazy .... so I put the jar back.

The fat in peanut butter is GOOD fat. If you can't save calories ..... why bother? If the calories are pretty equal .... what did they replace the fat with?

I use regualr peanut butter when I can, and PB2 (powdered peanut buttter) on other days ..... it's like 56 calories for 2 TBL.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    I used to like the Better N Peanut Butter on my mini-bagels or english muffins, then I realized that the carbs are far more than Regular PB and the protein is something like half! I'd rather 1 TBSP of real PB over the fake stuff.