NEED ideas for strength training.

Options
I am a stay at home mom and dont have any weights or machines (besides elliptical) I needs to know a good routine for strength training with just using my body????

Replies

• AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi there, have you tried googleing 'strength training with no weights' some really good information there. Some good dvds out there using yoga and other muscle lengthing/strengthening exercises.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Google body weight exercises you'll get tons of ideas but for starters push-ups, lunges, squats and all their variations.
  • angielautenbach
    angielautenbach Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have googles. Just wonding what some people on here so for their strangth training routine.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    You can do a search for bodyweight exercises and get lots of ideas or check out www.gainfitness.com. You can adjust the workouts based on your level, gender, equipment you have (or don't have), and your desired intensity.

ETA: The site has videos and pictures of the moves as well so it helps you know the proper form. Also, you have things you can use as weights - canned veggies, laundry detergent bottles, etc. Get creative and you can expand your strength workouts without buying equipment for now.
  • wellthis
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom also and built a lot of strength and endurance by using the Insanity DVD's by Beachbody. Its abig committment to finish the 60 day program, but getnerally speaking, I think its easier to follow a DVD workout while at home. This one all you used was yoru body...since you have a "trainer" you get pushed past your limit you would normally push yourself. I lost 14 pounds in 8 weeks and got SO much stronger! I highly recommend it :) Good luck!
  • angielautenbach
    angielautenbach Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom also and built a lot of strength and endurance by using the Insanity DVD's by Beachbody. Its abig committment to finish the 60 day program, but getnerally speaking, I think its easier to follow a DVD workout while at home. This one all you used was yoru body...since you have a "trainer" you get pushed past your limit you would normally push yourself. I lost 14 pounds in 8 weeks and got SO much stronger! I highly recommend it :) Good luck!

Thanks!!
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    bodyrocktv.com, lots of routines there.