stuck at a hurdle

I have so far lost 36 pounds on my diet. I go back to doctor in 3 weeks for weight check.
My question is this.

My family loves to go out to eat. I order salads with dressing on the side, usuallya vegetable and grilled chicken or fish.

My family gets an appetizer and desert , and my dad tells me i can't have any. I think i can have dessert in moderation.

Should i have dessert in moderation or totally skip it until i reach my weight loss goal?

Replies

• ti2v78
    ti2v78 Posts: 26 Member
    How old are you? What is your height / weight? How good at you at staying in calories without that dessert?
  • I am 41. weight is 134 and i am 5 ft 2 inches
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Have dessert and enjoy every bite and have no regrets!
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Have desert! I have desert all the time - in total moderation. Count your calories, then take your bites. I will eat more than a few bites if I know I am working out AND it's one my children's birthday. I find that if I don't give myself treats every couple days or so - I will binge. I chew slowly and enjoy the sugar rush - then it's back to the game of eating healthy. :glasses:
  • jeccalou
    jeccalou Posts: 92 Member
    Do you track your calories? If yes, and dessert fits in to your goal, then eat it. Its a lifestyle not a diet.
  • update.

It has been over a year since my last post. I go back to the docter the 22nd. Weight is within normal limits, but my mom is still saying that i am fat. If i want a soda she makes me drink diet. I am trying to get off of soda entirely. I have started drinking 5 calorie pink lemonade.

However, I am disgusted with myself. I ate an entire box of girl scout cookies in a week. Bought 6 boxes, 5 are still in the freezer.
    Walking is not an option until the weather warms up so my question is this, How can i exercise at home I do not own exercise equipment, i cannot run, and i have to stay indoors when the heat index is over 100.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I do not want to be diabetic like my dad.
    Mom said only i don't care about your health, talk to the docter.
  • Lormic98
    Lormic98 Posts: 33
    update.

It has been over a year since my last post. I go back to the docter the 22nd. Weight is within normal limits, but my mom is still saying that i am fat. If i want a soda she makes me drink diet. I am trying to get off of soda entirely. I have started drinking 5 calorie pink lemonade.

However, I am disgusted with myself. I ate an entire box of girl scout cookies in a week. Bought 6 boxes, 5 are still in the freezer.
    Walking is not an option until the weather warms up so my question is this, How can i exercise at home I do not own exercise equipment, i cannot run, and i have to stay indoors when the heat index is over 100.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I do not want to be diabetic like my dad.
    Mom said only i don't care about your health, talk to the docter.

In the house, you can march in place, do jumping jacks, do push ups, dance like a fool to music (make up your own steps), do burpees....there are all kinds of moves you can do in your living room to raise your heart rate and get you sweating. Make up your own routine, then vary it from time to time.

Try to tune out your parents' negative words. Do this for YOU and your health. You can certainly enjoy desserts if you account for them and factor them into your daily calorie counts.

Good luck - you're doing great!