daily weighin's vs. weekly weighin's

Options
I am new here.. I am sort of the obsessive type of person.. I was just wondering everyones opinion of weighing themselfs.. do you do it everyday.. once a week.. once a month?

Replies

• nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    everyday. but my real weigh in is just once a week.
  • emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i weigh everyday. but my real weigh in is once a week. I do it on tuesdays
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    twice a week for me. I like to see how I'm progressing through the week and just cant wait the full week.
  • schwentc
    Options
    I can get obsessive like you and do it everyday, but don't discouraged doing it day by day. Everyone fluctuates. As mentioned I would only take it seriously once a week. Also make sure when you do that you weigh in at the same time of day each time. As I've noticed I tend to be slightly higher in the evening. So I only do it in the morning. LOL! Not sure the reasoning or if everyone is like that or not.
  • stockyjonjon
    stockyjonjon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    at least 3 times a day
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    From Thursday, I'm going to weigh on the first of every month.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Daily for me, first thing in the morning.
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    yes I do not think I could go more then a day wthout weighing myself.. but maybe I should pick one day a week to do an actual mfp weigh in
  • rsouthland
    Options
    Pick a day of the week that is your official weigh in. Mine is Monday. I do weigh basically every morning, however over the course of the week I can see up to a six pound weight swing from water weight. I usually tend to have a net loss of a pound a week or so.. sometimes two.
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Every morning, but official weigh-ins are Tuesdays.
  • msapril177
    msapril177 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings I weigh in, although sometimes I peek on Wednesdays if I think I'm having a good week. :wink:
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Every second Monday, first thing in the morning after using the bathroom.
  • allison_42
    Options
    I weigh once a week. Every Friday morning, first thing in the morning. The only thing I do before I weigh myself is pee and I try to wear the same clothing.

I find weighing myself everyday leads to too many fluctuations and leaves me discouraged while weighing once a week is probably more accurate and usually leaves me feeling more successful!
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    hahahaha at peekin.. nice
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but only 'officially' on a Monday. I find it interesting rather than discouraging, I seem to lose weight from Monday to Thursday and then stay the same until the following Monday! I've played around with things that I eat and do to see if it makes any difference, but it must just be the way my body works!
  • mexicangardengnome
    Options
    My weighing schedule is kind of complex. I weigh my self at my grandparents house every wendsday because they have a digital scale, but the scale is inaccurate (I guess cause it's old). The scale at my house is accurate but is hard to read because it is a analog type scale with tick marks that are very tiny and impossible to see unless you bend down and examine it. So I guess I'm not going to weigh in until I hit the 135 tick mark because its easier to see. Bleh so complex!
  • punkin311
    Options
    I belong to TOPS and we weigh-in every Monday night at 6:30. Then I get home from my meeting and post my loss to MFP. Too much anxiety for me hopping on the scale at home every day. Once a week works great!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and only post my weight when I show a loss of .4 or more! I don't obsess about it though - I just like to know what is going on. My weight loss can be sporadic - I'll lose a bunch, then gain. As long as I am averaging at least 1/2 pound a week, I'm happy - I'm near my goal, though, and I have been averaging 1 pound a week lately.
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I usually end up weighing myself every day, but only make it "count" once a week... or when it goes down. :)
  • aprildawn81
    aprildawn81 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday morning and sometimes I will on Wednesdays. I, too, have a question. Weigh yourself with clothes on or off? Clothing adds weight so, just curious as to how others do it and your thoughts on the accuracy of weighing yourself while clothed.