WALKERS!! who lost weight! need ur help!

Options
ARE THERE ANY FAST WALKERS / SPEED WALKERS WHO HAS LOST WEIGHT?? PERHAPS ON THE TREADMILL? have u noticed a decrease in ur legs/thighs

Replies

• kristi_asco
    Options
    bump...i've been wondering the same thing! curious to see what other people say.
  • jillyt85
    jillyt85 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of my weight when I was starting out by just walking, but I hadn't done much before that so that could be why I lost.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I walk about 100-250 minutes a day, fast pace, outside. Note that working out with your legs WILL NOT cause you to lose weight in your legs-only tone them. I have steadily been losing weight, and really like walking because it fits into my schedule and is fun. Losing weight is 80% diet though, so exercise alone won't do much for thick thighs.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I walk 90-120 min. @ 4.5-4.75 mph pace and have seen a lot of weight loss in my legs, even if they were chicken legs to begin with.
  • momtimesone
    momtimesone Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I walk but not fast usually 2.5-3.0mph I walk for 4.5 hrs a day and have dropped from size 24 to a loose size 16 almost in a 14 :) All my weight I have lost is from MFP and walking. My legs and thighs have went down in size alot and are getting toned more and more as I walk more,I wear a weighted vest now for a bigger burn.
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I walk on the treadmill (4.0) and Ive lost weight. I also do a bootcamp on Tues/Thurs though... although those are more muscle building, I find my true calorie burner and weight loss is the fast walking. Only half hour on wed-fri-sat-sun.

Good luck!!
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    I might be off course here, but I WOG. Walk/Jog, I'm working up to jogging full time but there is a lot of walking involved. Combining correct eating habits with moderate exercise is working wonders for me.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I walk alot, haven't noticed particular weight loss in my legs, however I don't have a lot to lose in the first place (probably due to the fact i've always walked lol, but now i'm trying to put more effort into walking and doing other exercise and healthy eating).

Are you asking because you want to lose weight specifically from that area? As unfortunately there is no way to target where weight comes off, only where to tone.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Okay so is it bad that when I read the title "WALKERS" I totally thought about The Walking Dead, and not about actually "walking"? haha
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I walk my dog 3x a day. Use the treadmill at 4 incline speed 3. I have noticed I am more toned, less jiggle. I also do Zumba one time a week. Just started line dancing lessons. I get bored easily so need variety to stay motivated. Leslie Samsone walking tapes are great also come in 1-5 mile dvd's. Good luck in reaching your goal. You can do it. Look for walking clubs under volksmarch or volkswalking. Another option meetup.com. Volunteer to walk a neighbors dog or local shelter. Keeps you accountable.
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Okay so is it bad that when I read the title "WALKERS" I totally thought about The Walking Dead, and not about actually "walking"? haha

Not bad when it's been ingrained your daily vocabulary. Hahaha
  • texna
    texna Posts: 7
    Options
    I have been walking since last march i went from a size 14 to a size10 . I am at 4.5 running and walking. I just get discouraged cuz i have a lot of flab to loose and i dont know how else to loose it . Any suggestions?
    My legs still need a lot of toning. 2/28/12
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I do only walking and walking up and down the stairs in my house. I have been doing this before I started MFP and while I have been here. So far I have lost a lot of weight. It works for me.

With all the snow we got here in Canada - it is difficult to go outside all the time. I also find doing the stairs is great for my leg muscles.
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I lost about 30 pounds from just walking between October 2010-October 2011. Try incorporating an incline. And possibly some intervals including the incline.
    I have just started incorporating periods of jogging. For example, I jog for a minute then I walk for 1-2 to cool down and just keep repeating the cycle.

Good luck. Don't give up.