Forget the "Freshman 15".... how about the "World of Warcraf

Options
13»

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Anybody else here think that this game indirectly affected your weight in a bad way?

Honestly...

NO.

I play the game daily. When I am not working, sometimes I play literally all day...yeah, yeah, I'm a nerd.

I've also, since purchasing the game years ago, gone from 191 pounds to 137 pounds, size 20 to size 6, and can squat and deadlift more than my body weight.

For me, the 2 things are not related.

Then again, I don't mindlessly eat while playing. But, I firmly believe that it is the mindless eating, NOT THE GAME, that causes people to not see success while trying to get in shape and play the game.

I was playing and mindlessly eating. I'd choose fast food for breakfast, lunch and dinner since it was quick and allowed me to just keep playing while eating. it wasn't WoW for me it was FFXI. I quit in Fall of 2009 and didn't touch any MMO's for the longest time. I been dabbling with SWoTR recently. I am much more active now than I was then. I used to play 6-8 hrs a day everyday. Now I average 3-5 hrs. a week.
  • sawyermark
    sawyermark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Same as a lot of the others here I'd just eat junk to satisfy my hunger and drank probably a 12 pack of soda a night while playing.
    My Mmo's started with Everquest in 98 and moved from it to Wow when it came out. I still play some everyday but with going to the gym, making sure I have stuff done I need to get done, I've cut back from 6 to 7 hours every night to 1 or 2.