CBA AKA The No Winers ! Yes that Means YOU !!

Options

Replies

• skinnymel
    skinnymel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i know! how to sleep?
    what's your rat terrier's name? he's adorable!
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Hi SkinnyMel :)

She's such a great dog :) Her Name is Skittles and she was 2 in November. My husband bought her for me for xmas 2 years ago and boy he regrets it now ;)

It backfired on him and I LOVE my dog :) She sleeps right with me every night LOL !!!

So far so good on the wine.. just going to eat dinner now, a bit late tonight... so maybe that will push it towards bedtime LOL !
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am doing juuuuust fine thanks! No booze in da house tonight! Just about to take Lilly for a walk cuz it is gorgeous out today. Then brush teeth and off to bed for a 4:45 am workout. I am doing Cathe STS second cycle. What are you guys doing for exercise any particular programs?

Laura :happy:
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Hi Laura ! GREAT JOB !!!!!

I am doing awesome as well... a few times I was like Ok, I'm way stressed but I've pushed passed it :) I am having a diet soda right now ( just finished my 10th glass of water for the day ) so kind of having my " treat " with the soda .. Of course I won't sleep tonight LOL.. but that's ok :) I am just keeping my eye on the prize knowing how great I am going to feel in the am and with each day to come to watch the scale start dropping :)

I am also getting my hair cut and highlights tomorrow :) So need to feel good for that :)

As far as workout's I am doing Chalene Extreme ( beachbody workout ) and am in the 3rd phase of that :) I also just purchased my fitness coach for the wii and had a pretty good workout on that as well :)

About another hour and Day one will be on the books :)
  • jennNva
    jennNva Posts: 142
    Options
    I've been considering Chalene Xtreme. But can't decided between that and the P90X. How do you like the program?

Did good for day one and off to day 2. I tend to do great during the weekday. It's the weekends that I "blow" it. So the big challenge will be this weekend. But I'm bound and determined to make it.

It is quite comical that we all have our dogs posted :smile: Wonder what that means. Oh well, I have Chenoa - My st bernard and Quincy & Newt that are my shih-tzus. It's really entertaining to see my 150 lb St Bernard and my 11lb shih-tzu run around and play - they are the best of friends.

Hope everyone has a great day! :happy:
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Just real quick because I have to hit the shower after my hour workout this morning ;) more on that later but I weighed in this morning and guess what.. I had been at a standstill ! Well if this is what NO drinking does for me, it's never going to happen again ! i was a bit nervous to get on but I lost 5 more LBS !!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I'm down 15 now ;) I'm rocking.. On to day 2 - no wine :)
  • skinnymel
    Options
    congrats mbm!
    since i work at home, i like to work out at the ymca to get out!
    i've been practicing yoga for over 1 1/2 years , and recently got into intense cardio classes
    like aeroboxing and zumba, which is THE best thing ever. it's latin dance, burns about 500 calories
    in an hour, and it's so fun you hardly notice.
    i also like the sculpt classes with weights.
    i'm interested in your opinions on the chalean and p90x...i will see if i can get them at the library.
    i have a vacation in june that i'd like to look great for!...or at least not cringe when photographed!
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Just real quick because I have to hit the shower after my hour workout this morning ;) more on that later but I weighed in this morning and guess what.. I had been at a standstill ! Well if this is what NO drinking does for me, it's never going to happen again ! i was a bit nervous to get on but I lost 5 more LBS !!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I'm down 15 now ;) I'm rocking.. On to day 2 - no wine :)

that is so awesome! way to go! Day two here we come! I did Chalene Extreme but my eating and drinking wine really defeated my goals so I hope with Cathe STS cycle two I see something amazing happen. I really liked Chalene though and would recommend it to people. I still use the cardio and burn interval dvds with Cathe. Cathe is actually coming out with STS cardio shocker which you can preorder on her website Cathe.com. I preordered because I absolutely love her and think she is top notch when it comes to making amazing workouts.

Good luck today!

Laura
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    I've been considering Chalene Xtreme. But can't decided between that and the P90X. How do you like the program?

Did good for day one and off to day 2. I tend to do great during the weekday. It's the weekends that I "blow" it. So the big challenge will be this weekend. But I'm bound and determined to make it.

It is quite comical that we all have our dogs posted :smile: Wonder what that means. Oh well, I have Chenoa - My st bernard and Quincy & Newt that are my shih-tzus. It's really entertaining to see my 150 lb St Bernard and my 11lb shih-tzu run around and play - they are the best of friends.

Hope everyone has a great day! :happy:

Welcome! I did both programs and I liked the Chalene better myself. But I'm sure there are others who would say P90X. There are message boards over at Beachbody.com you could check out and hear what others have to say!

I love the fact that we are all doggie lover's too. Because I love to talk about mine and now I know you'll all understand the dog/human bond :heart: .

Laura
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    hi
    i should join ya all's commitment.:happy: but i know i would not go a whole month w/out wine.:cry:
    i'll try for 1 night!:indifferent:

btw, i have a beautiful finnish spitz dog that i love.:bigsmile:

robin:heart:
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Robin You can do it ;)

Today when I came home with my CUTE New Do ( which my hubby is going to freak over since I ADDED RED to my hair but man do I love it LOL ) I think it was the excitement over the weight loss of 5 more lbs today ! :noway:

So when I got home I put these pretty glass stones I had bought to put in a plant one of these days ( years ago ) LOL.. Dug them out of the drawer... Took one of my little candle holders from partylite and put 30 of them in there, one for each day.. Then in the other one right next to it, I put in 1 stone for yesterday, having nothing to drink and today will be 2 and so on and so on. I have it sitting right in my kitchen garden window where I can keep reminding myself !

I feel awesome :)

This weekend of course is the Art and Wine Festival we attend every year ! AHHHHHH ! And then a BBQ later that night ! I am going to power through it ! I am keeping the thought EVEN IF I did slip for ONE day this coming weekend that is only 1 day of having something vs the 7 I would have had. BUT I am going to go for it, still heading for 30 days !!!! and with a 5 lb weight loss when I hopped on the scale this morning, That's incentive enough :)

I am also loving my wii game, my fitness coach, i'm getting even more workout time in now, this morning between CE Lean Circuit one and 30 min of fitness coach I burned almost 500 CALORIES !

Ok off to get busy around here !

We can do this !!!!
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Okay, well NOT to be outdone, I simply had to post with a pic of one of my rescued Greyhounds, Maverick (and boy is he). It's a good thing he's especially handsome because he is a BRAT! :grumble:

I did great last night with no wine, I'll be fine tonight too. However a friend of mine is taking me out tomorrow for a late birthday dinner (birthday was in March) and we ALWAYS have wine. Now, birthday dinners are one of those occasions where I feel totally okay about splurging, however, they usually fall during the weekend! Yikes. I'll have to play that one by ear.

I have to go to San Diego next week on business so next week could be a challenge as well. I'm gearing up for the week I return however! I'm with you Deb, I'm gonna do the 30 days! I can't wait to hear about your wine festival and bbq, you must have will of steel. Of course with a 5 lb. loss as motivation, I suppose that helps! :laugh:

So good luck to everyone, whatever your goals, we can do it! :drinker:
  • skinnymel
    Options
    congrats wildcat! now, i am soooo loving your dog~ he is awesome! some saturdays my
    son and i visit the greyhound rescue group here in town, and i'd love to rescue one someday.
    have a good night everyone!
    mel
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Frustration Level HIGH !!!:mad:

But I'm still doing it :) I'm going to power through this although today was a totally stressful day !!!

How's everyone else doing ???
  • oregonlady
    Options
    tonight, i'm skipping the 3 (10oz) glasses of wine i frequently (600 cals!) enjoy and treated myself to an ice cream at 31 flavors instead(300 cals)!
    :tongue::laugh: :tongue: :tongue: :laugh: :tongue: :tongue: :laugh: :tongue: :tongue: :laugh: :tongue: :tongue::laugh: :tongue:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    Did fine today. Just having a coffee and some pickles lol :sick: .

Wildcat, love the dog! Another lover! Sorry to hear you had a stressful day. Hope you pulled through without the wine.

Oregonlady, good for you! Day 1. Look it's easy!

Take care all :yawn: . Nighty-night.

Laura
  • OregonGirl80
    Options
    Doing ok and still losing weight. Finally below 166 and hoping to lose more. I'm with those of you saying that giving up booze permanently isn't going to happen, but cutting back in the long term is probably going to happen. I don't want to gain it all back as soon as I lose it.
  • jennNva
    jennNva Posts: 142
    Options
    Hi Everyone - happy day #3 :smile:

Unfortunately I spent Day #2 in the ER. My mom has stage 4 breast cancer and wasn't doing well so I rushed her in. I was there until about 10pm last night. If a shot was available I may have considered it! Talk about stressful.

I guess another way to look at it is - she needs me and I can't be drinking right now. So this challenged turned out to be a good thing for me and if nothing else - I'll give the 30 days up for my mom.

Great job on the weight loss oregon!

Hang in there mbmempireranch - you can do it!

Hope everyone has a great day #3 - sounds like everyone it doing well!
  • oregonlady
    Options

Unfortunately I spent Day #2 in the ER. My mom has stage 4 breast cancer and wasn't doing well so I rushed her in. I was there until about 10pm last night. If a shot was available I may have considered it! Talk about stressful.

i am sorry to hear about that jenn. :cry:
    glad to see that you are on mfp trying to be healthy.:drinker:
    i'm glad u can be there for your mom.:wink:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Options
    What up everyone???? Where the heck are you all? I am doing great on day 3. Beautiful and sunny here in the Yukon and I have been outside most of the day doing yardwork :bigsmile: . Have to do my taxes tonight with the accountant so hopefully will not want a drink after that :explode: ! Hope you are all doing great and not whining lol.

Laura