Evening snacking

Options
does anyone else have a hard time not snacking in the evenings? I do great all day while at work but once I get home it seems like i completely loose control... Anyone have pointers or tips to help me stay just as focused at night as I am during the day... :)

Replies

• samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    WE eat dinner way late so I tend not to snack in the even cause I am full from dinner. Early afternoon is a killer for me.
  • oburley89
    oburley89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    are you having a problem with snacking on unhealthy foods?
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    does anyone else have a hard time not snacking in the evenings? I do great all day while at work but once I get home it seems like i completely loose control... Anyone have pointers or tips to help me stay just as focused at night as I am during the day... :)

I snack when I'm bored. I just try to eat decent snacks. Popcorn is a save for me. Also celery with a little peanut butter.
  • MattysWoman
    Options
    Pick up some 90 cal snacks or munch on some veggies. I don't eat after 8pm its tough to follow some nights but it's helped reduce my food intake. Also limit the junk food in the house. If you don't buy it you can't eat it. Sugar free jello, fat free pudding, string cheese, cottage cheese all low cal items. Drink plenty of water too or chew gum. That will give you the sensation of eating. Lastly, brush your teeth and use mouth wash, for some reason a clean mouth doesn't want to get dirty! Ok ok maybe it's because I know the food will then taste nasty if i eat after brushing. LOL but it works.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I normally eat an extra meal after dinner. Usually it's because I'm bored. Most of the time it's something healthy though such as a bowl of oatmeal. If there's something that can keep me occupied, I usually don't eat that extra meal. Maybe pop in a good movie, random texting friends, or cramming for a test. Because of my current goal right now, those extra calories don't bother me so much.
  • MsLadyJai
    MsLadyJai Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I'm still having a hard time, but I did a grocery shopping today, and I got yogurts, almonds, pop corn, blackberries and mangos, so at least I'm still eating healthy :) I use to get ice creams, chips and cinnamon buns so that would completely destroy my diet.
  • abjedi
    abjedi Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help.. Lots of great ideas... I have nights when I snack on healthy foods and others it's the opposite... My hubby always has sweets in the house...so some times its hard to resist the bad stuff...