Tips for not gaining while on vacation?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheBakerGirl
    Options
    Don't restrict yourself too much when it comes to the food and wine, instead…earn it! Whenever I'm on vacation, I do so much walking and so many other physical activities that I wouldn't normally do, it usually balances out the extra eating or drinking.

A beach house is the perfect location to wake up a bit earlier than everyone else and take a nice jog down the beach. Throw in a moonlit stroll in the evening and you'll be doing just fine.

Most important thing is to enjoy yourself! Otherwise, why bother? :wink:

have a great time!!!

PS…you could always do what I'm doing on my next vacation…I may be signing up to run a half-marathon that happens to be going on at the same time while I'm there. yes, I think I've lost my marbles.
  • connie3408
    Options
    This won't help you, but when I go on vacation, there are no rules and I just enjoy myself. Life's short. Enjoy yourself, and when you get home, get back to it.

THIS

Going to Bahamas in two weeks for a week ....plan on enjoying every minute of it !! Will get back on track when I get home !
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    Really awesome replies here.In my experience a change in food and activities can help you lose weight-I was stuck at a plateau for a while.Carry water bottles absolutely everywhere and constantly refill them-about one or two per hour.Eat healthy snacks so you don't get overly hungry.Keep sneaking in workouts-walking,swimming,yoga,whatever you like.I hope you have a amazing vacation!Dont forget the sunscreen:)
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    How was your trip? Sounds like so much fun!!! :)
  • mfuterfas
    Options
    I am in Florida with my friend's grandparents for vacation. We go out to eat for EVERY meal. How do I resist the temptation and try to eat healthily?
  • mrscherry1
    Options
    This won't help you, but when I go on vacation, there are no rules and I just enjoy myself. Life's short. Enjoy yourself, and when you get home, get back to it.
    EXACTLY THIS!!! Enjoy :drinker:
    OOPS just realized your already back!!! :blushing:
  • cawleen
    cawleen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Heading on a southern Caribbean cruise in two weeks! There is food every where you turn. It's impossible to swim in the pool. It isn't big enough to hold all of the ship's passengers. Most people just hang out in there to drink and chat. Looks like I'll have to book excursions for rock climbing, ziplining and snorkelling. Such a tough life. :)