Disney's EARTH movie... seen it?

Options
AJCM
AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
Just wondering if anyone has seen EARTH, and if it is appropriate for kids 2 & 4?

I know it is rated G, but wondering if there are scary scenes. They were glued to the youtube.com trailer this morning, and the love animals.

Thanks for any tips / info!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• AJCM
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has seen EARTH, and if it is appropriate for kids 2 & 4?

I know it is rated G, but wondering if there are scary scenes. They were glued to the youtube.com trailer this morning, and the love animals.

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I am interested in hearing this too! It looks SO cute! :love: :love: :love:

My friend and I saw a preview of it when we saw another movie and the part where the duck leaps from the tree....we both put our hands to our chest and gasped and said AWWWWWWWWWWWW in unison!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I have seen it. There are some scenes that kids that age will find scary (like the animals that attack and eat each other). It depends if your kids are easily scared. I know a kindergartner who saw the movie and she was fine.
  • AJCM
    Options
    I am interested in hearing this too! It looks SO cute! :love: :love: :love:

My friend and I saw a preview of it when we saw another movie and the part where the duck leaps from the tree....we both put our hands to our chest and gasped and said AWWWWWWWWWWWW in unison!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah - that's in the trailer! My guys LOVE it! (maybe I could save the $40 and just stay home and watch the trailer on a loop!).
    :laugh:
  • AJCM
    Options
    I have seen it. There are some scenes that kids that age will find scary (like the animals that attack and eat each other). It depends if your kids are easily scared. I know a kindergartner who saw the movie and she was fine.

Thanks for posting this fitgal!

Does this start after, say the first 30 minutes (I figure they may both fall asleep 30 minutes in, and hubby and I can enjoy it!).

I think you may have saved us the trip out - they both stay home with me (I work from home) and are a bit sheltered (never seen anything on tv other than "Treehouse" channel!).

We went to Madagascar 2, and we had to leave when the lions started fighting.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

I did hear that there were some parts in it they may be frightening to children.I haven't seen it but I saw this statement after a preview of it.
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    We actually took our 6 year old to see it last night. He didn't get scared, because it isn't 'gory' or anything, it just shows the animals in the mouth of the predator. But, I found it to be extremely boring. Although, I don't care to much for documentaries. I seriously kept checking the time every five minutes...it was by far the longest 90 minutes of my life! He fell asleep toward the end, and I almost fell asleep toward the beginning :tongue:
    Don't get me wrong, there were parts that were cute, and interesting, and the photography was amazing... I guess the somewhat monotone narration kinda got to me :laugh:
    If you do go to see it, have fun! :happy:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I took my 2 & 4 yr old the other day. the 2 yr old was fine, the 4 yr old was sad when the elephant and lions fought but otherwise there are just dramatic chase moments. they loved it!! so did I :happy:
  • AJCM
    Options
    We actually took our 6 year old to see it last night. He didn't get scared, because it isn't 'gory' or anything, it just shows the animals in the mouth of the predator. But, I found it to be extremely boring. Although, I don't care to much for documentaries. I seriously kept checking the time every five minutes...it was by far the longest 90 minutes of my life! He fell asleep toward the end, and I almost fell asleep toward the beginning :tongue:
    Don't get me wrong, there were parts that were cute, and interesting, and the photography was amazing... I guess the somewhat monotone narration kinda got to me :laugh:
    If you do go to see it, have fun! :happy:

Hahahaha! We don't get out to movies much anymore since having our kids, so I am typically happy to see anything!
  • AJCM
    Options
    I took my 2 & 4 yr old the other day. the 2 yr old was fine, the 4 yr old was sad when the elephant and lions fought but otherwise there are just dramatic chase moments. they loved it!! so did I :happy:

Okay, so you say go for it? My thinking is that they might fall asleep 30 minutes in anway (it starts at 12:30 which is nap time). They both LOVE animals.

I think we'll try it - as long as you leave within the first 30 minutes you get your money back - so nothing to lose!

Thanks for all the replies guys!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I adore it - my family went because we are in love with the planet earth documentaries. if you can get those from your local library, you totally should. Yes, there are scenes of death and life, but it's a good learning experience, IMO.
  • wattsam1
    wattsam1 Posts: 95
    Options
    I saw it over the weekend. It was really good but I think small children could get upset at certain parts (I know I would have cried if I saw it when I was 5). After the first predator/prey scene I noticed that most of the small children had left the theatre. It still is great...I can't wait until the next Disney Earth Day movie next year!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    They say it's as good as "March of the Penguins"........HMMMMMMMMM that movie made me cry, I hated that one, so I don't know if I want to see EARTH.