Logging with the Fitbit

Options
I bought a Fitbit two days ago and love it so far. I know I should only log my food with MFP, but what about exercise? I used it at the gym today and entered my calories and time on MFP as usual, but it looks like Fitbit also entered the time at the gym when it synced. So Im guessing Im only supposed to log food on MFP now and not excersice.

Replies

• debinewb
    Options
    I just ordered a Fitbit and I'm anxious to see how it works.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to get a Fitbit so glad to hear you like yours!!! I currently use an HRM and log exercise manually (create my own exercise) on the database from the information on the HRM - I never really use the HRM (Polar) website provided.
    Can you not use your Fitbit to determine that you're eating the correct daily cals? Or manage your deficit better? - That's what I'm hoping to do when I get one - actually work out if my daily calorie allowance is anywhere near my actual activity levels. x
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I log food and exercise on MFP. I compare the MFP "cals burnt" to what my fitbit says when I'm doing a certain activity.

I don't see the point in logging both places.

I prefer MFP's "usability" and only sync my fitbit to keep track of cals burnt, steps, miles and such.