When will they notice?

Options
2»

Replies

• Zombierawr
    Zombierawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, are you losing inches too? I haven't hit 20 pounds yet since I've started this year, but I feel like EVERYONE notices because I've lost so many inches. And it helps to get new clothes too--the more my pants aren't baggy, the more people notice.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    They will notice.. give it time. Some people aren't comfortable talking about weight. Great job though. Awesome accomplishment~
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    some notice and don't say a word. people at my church (which are mostly family members) don't say anything, but their kids do and they say their parents recognize are proud/impressed, or whatever
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I know what you are going through. I think that I lost motivation in the last couple of weeks, leading to me gaining a pound back. Truth is, my husband finally started getting into the healthy mode, and he lost about 5 lbs and everyone noticed and ask him if he'd been losing weight...even though I'd be right next to him and have lost ~ 14 lbs and have been eating healthier and exercising a lot more. It was kind of de-motivating to me. I'm getting back into the groove this week though. :happy:
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am betting I am saying things that have been said before, but here's my two cents (for what it's worth).

A few years ago, I dropped about 40lbs (and 4-5 sizes). It was diverse in who commented and who didn't. There were some people who I saw every day that never said anything, and some who commented on how great I looked. Same goes for relatives. Some made comments, some didn't.

I believe they ALL noticed, it's just a matter of who is comfortable SAYING anything. Some people (myself included) would hesitate on WHAT to say so not to be perceived as thinking that the person didn't look good before, but ONLY looked good when the weight was gone. It's not about you, it's about them.

And, let's be honest, some of it is jealousy. Maybe they wish they had your motivation and drive to better your life and they'd rather be mean than be supportive.

I know it's hard, but I wouldn't let it bring you down. Look at how much support there is here - I've only been logging on for a few days and I'm amazed at how supportive everyone is on here.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I've learned never to comment on a woman's weight. It never seems to end well.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Funny this post just popped back up on my list. My neighbor JUST said something today. I've lost 17lbs and I'm only 5'2", so it was totally noticable before now. LOL.
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    It can be frustrating, but don't let it get you down (I know, not always so easy). Keep doing what you're doing because it's obviously working for you. Congrats on the weight loss so far!