Just starting running

Options
I have convinced myself that I will be a runner....What are your favourite songs to run to??

Replies

• seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Last Friday Night by Katy Perry is my new favorite workout song. The tempo seems to fit anything I do! :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I suggest that you pick a selection of your favourites and listen when you are running - when you find a song that is at just the right pace for you, you'll know. Then go to jog.fm and you'll find lots more at the same pace.
    My current faves that get me moving when I'm tired, they're mostly pretty old stuff, but then I'm not exactly new!

- Why does the sun shine (They might be Giants)
    - Turning japanese (the vapours)
    - Angel in the night (Basshunter)
    - Get the party started (Pink)
    - Paradise in the dashboard light (Meatloaf)
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I don't listen to what most folks would consider "workout" music. I don't worry about the beat, tempo, or anything inspirational. I just listen to my favorite songs, that I know I'll never be tired of and want to skip over. For me, as long as I'm enjoying what playing out of the headphones, nothing else matters. I keep my pacing no matter what the tempo is, in fact, sometimes slow songs make me run faster in this weird, reverse-psychology/I don't want them to slow me down, sort of way.

So my advice is just pick what you love to listen too. :)
  • bulletproofkasper
    bulletproofkasper Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i downloaded running trax 2011 and i'm going to download this years and other year.. amazing to run too :D
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    yeap i have ministry of sound running trax too. i also love the mixes from rock my run.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    JogFM.com lists songs by beats-per-minute so you can pick music sorted for your pace