Insanity!!

Options
omg! has anyone actually done the insanity workout??
it looks kinda crazy!! i have considered buying it but wanted to know if anyone would recommend it
xx

Replies

• severnc
    severnc Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    basically everyone who has done it recommends it.
    it's awesome, tough, but great considering the workouts aren't really that long.
    i'm at the end of week 3 right now :D
    and i've lost like 2-3 inches from my waist, 2 from my hips ...

oh and this is my 3rd time doing it in the past year...
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Do you find that its easy to stick with? I started the 30DS twice but I got so bored with the workouts that I quit and just did cardio at the gym.
  • severnc
    severnc Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ^you have a point there - because you're limited to maybe 5 workouts each month, the cycle can get a little repetitive. i dont' have a gym membership so thats one reason i'm doing insanity now.

but for me the results outweigh the slight boredom of the same workouts repeated.

i'll be starting the 2nd month soon which is more intense and has a few extra workouts.
  • Hurricane_C
    Options
    but at least its a variation of 5 workouts a week... my problem with 30ds is that its the SAME workout :-/ Maybe I just have committment problems?
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    30DS is only for a month and you have three workouts. personally i'm not sure I understand why it would be less boring than half an hour on the treadmill every day which is definitely the same thing over and over.
  • machinegunkate
    machinegunkate Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    but at least its a variation of 5 workouts a week... my problem with 30ds is that its the SAME workout :-/ Maybe I just have committment problems?

No, I totally agree 30ds bored the fashizzle out of me.

As far as Insanity is concerned, I've read an in-depth analysis of it that also had comparisons to P90x and RushFit. The writer of the article had a lot of concerns over the techniques used in Insanity and the trainer's lack of knowledge about certain aspects of fitness and the correct way of doing things which could lead to injuries - totally turned me off.

**Edit: Found the article for everyone to read themselves. http://www.acefitness.org/certifiednewsarticle/1443/p90x-insanity-and-rushfit-a-side-by-side/?utm_source=Certified+News&utm_medium=email&utm_term=May+2011&utm_campaign=Certified+News&CMP=EMC-CertifiedNews_0511
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of Insanity, and I LOVE it. It's super challenging, but doable. My body has definitely made changes already!
  • Rachel_1986
    Rachel_1986 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ok cool thanks guys :D
  • mocoworm
    Options
    What is the insanity workout ?
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I just started today.. totaly amped...
  • Hurricane_C
    Options
    What do I log it as? Circuits or Aerobic or....?
  • Ric19k
    Ric19k Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi everybody,
    haha INSANITY IS INSANE!! I just finished Round 1 best workout i ever did!
    I just started Insanity: The Asylum. Im on Day 4 now Vertical Plyo, just when you tough it couldn't get harder. ShaunT kicks yours *kitten* even harder.
    Lost 8 kg doing the program!
  • Hurricane_C
    Options
    What did you log it as?
  • MissHellsing
    MissHellsing Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have and it KICKS MY *kitten*! I mostly do it on days I don't go to the gym etc.
  • Ric19k
    Options
    What do I log it as? Circuits or Aerobic or....?

Its Max Interval Training, 5 mins full on and then 30 sec of rest
  • Ric19k
    Options
    What is the insanity workout ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLK28BHJDd8

Just check out this little instruction video! You'll love it
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Just watched the trailer on the site... Tempted to give it a go as it can be hard to find time to get to the gym so having this to do at home would be great.

So far seen nothing but rave reviews so yeah... Might give it a go :)
  • Ric19k
    Options

No, I totally agree 30ds bored the fashizzle out of me.

As far as Insanity is concerned, I've read an in-depth analysis of it that also had comparisons to P90x and RushFit. The writer of the article had a lot of concerns over the techniques used in Insanity and the trainer's lack of knowledge about certain aspects of fitness and the correct way of doing things which could lead to injuries - totally turned me off.

**Edit: Found the article for everyone to read themselves. http://www.acefitness.org/certifiednewsarticle/1443/p90x-insanity-and-rushfit-a-side-by-side/?utm_source=Certified+News&utm_medium=email&utm_term=May+2011&utm_campaign=Certified+News&CMP=EMC-CertifiedNews_0511

I just read the artical, the writer is really not liking the insanity... maybe he couldn't complete the workouts.
    Insanity is not something you do if you havent workout in ages. Its a high invertal training. We'll all i can say i did wonders to my body. It has been a long time since i have been in the shape i am now.
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on W8 D4. For me its a really mixed experience. Loving the results and I feel so strong, but its getting me down and I know I have to turned to food some days to help get me through it (real eye-opener!). I just want to finish what I started to say I did it but I'm pretty sure I'll never do it again. Good luck with it if you decide to do it!
  • Ric19k
    Options
    Hi, I'm on W8 D4. For me its a really mixed experience. Loving the results and I feel so strong, but its getting me down and I know I have to turned to food some days to help get me through it (real eye-opener!). I just want to finish what I started to say I did it but I'm pretty sure I'll never do it again. Good luck with it if you decide to do it!

Why is the program getting you down?