New food scoring system NuVal...AWESOME!!!

Options
For my friends near a Meijer, check out today's ad!!! Meijer has a new scoring system for foods called NuVal. It's based on a 1-100 score, and takes into account many factors. The factors that influence the ratings are explained on the back page of this week's ad, along with the team of experts who devoloped the system. I'm so excited about this, it will make shopping so much easier.

They are giving out guides in the store today and currently it looks like only produce, fresh seafood, cereal, salty snacks, and sandwich breads are rated. The woman I talked to said they plan to have the entire store rated by the end of next year.

I'm a huge meijer fan anyway, I like that they sell local produce and know some farmers who sell to them and are very happy with the prices they get for their goods. I also like meijer's prices and the fact that they are the original super store. This is just one more reason for me be happy about shopping there.

Replies

• aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    For my friends near a Meijer, check out today's ad!!! Meijer has a new scoring system for foods called NuVal. It's based on a 1-100 score, and takes into account many factors. The factors that influence the ratings are explained on the back page of this week's ad, along with the team of experts who devoloped the system. I'm so excited about this, it will make shopping so much easier.

They are giving out guides in the store today and currently it looks like only produce, fresh seafood, cereal, salty snacks, and sandwich breads are rated. The woman I talked to said they plan to have the entire store rated by the end of next year.

I'm a huge meijer fan anyway, I like that they sell local produce and know some farmers who sell to them and are very happy with the prices they get for their goods. I also like meijer's prices and the fact that they are the original super store. This is just one more reason for me be happy about shopping there.
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I think that my Hy-Vee has that same system. There may be other stores adopting it, too.

You can check it all out at the following address:

www.nuval.com
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    Very cool that it's being used at other stores!! I am so excited about this. I think it will help me most in quickly showing my kids that packaging can be deceptive and just because something is making a claim that sounds healthy, doesn't mean it is.