timing

Options
Ok if I work out during an over night job am I burning the calories for the day before or the next day? I typically get done around 7am and go to sleep by 10am. I have been putting the food on the night I start work in less its right around time for me to leave.

Replies

• lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    Ok if I work out during an over night job am I burning the calories for the day before or the next day? I typically get done around 7am and go to sleep by 10am. I have been putting the food on the night I start work in less its right around time for me to leave.

i always start my new day at midnight because technically it is a new day
    so i started logging what i ate after midnight today and what ever exercise i do today will be logged today and so on and so forth
    so if i walk for 30 min on my 2am lunch break that was today right ... so i log it today

i hope this is not confusing:bigsmile:
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    For me, the app switches at midnight, d since I am usually asleep then, that works fine.
    In your case, you'll just have to decide when your day starts. Either when you get up, or at midnight. And then just stick with it...
    IMO the point is consistency anyways...
    You can even log your meals by time (changing the names to times), that just doesn't work with exercise though...
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter. Think in terms of weeks and not days.
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The reason I'm asking this is my husband seems to thing that say if I burn off 600 calories at 3am and end up 1000 left on mfp for that night that it can't be made up that morning when I get off work. I guess according to him the bodys on a daily cycle starting in the morning. If that's true I would have to eat a lot more calories in the day in case I work out at work that day. The bad thing is I never know when I will get a chance for that to happen.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Pick one and stick with it. As long as you are consistent and can remember what you're doing I don't think it matters.