help with my strength routine

Options
Hey all,
Id really like some opions and advice on making my own workout routine, i have spent 12 months losing weight and it was very successfull, through out the whole time i have hit the gym hard and done weights.

i am now bulking hopefully throughout the remainder of 2012, i plan on doing a routine for 8-10 weeks then having a week off and starting a new routine and repeating.

currently id class myself as a beginer/intermediate. im looking to build muscle through out my body so i am after a balanced routine that will help me maximise muscel growth.

i have access to a gym which has a reasonable range of machines and dumnbells. i realistically have monday to fridays to go and it would be late afternoon 3.30 to be precise. i hope the routines can be between 45-75 mins long.

currently i cant decide if doing 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off or doing 5days a week with weekends off.

if i were to do the 2 on i was thinking this could be my routine: 5x5 strength training

Monday: chest/back
bench press
incline bench press
cable cross overs,
dumbell bent over row
lat pull down
chin ups
some ad work

Tuesday:
legs/shoulders
squats
over head press
leg extensions
shoulder shrugs
leg curls
arm raises

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday repeat mon
Friday repeat tuesday

Replies

• Zero2hero2013
    Options
    or i was tempted to do 1 muscle group a day

monday: chest
    tuesday: back
    Wedsnesday: legs
    thursday: shoulders
    Friday: arms
    Stu/Sunday: rest

Which one would be the most beneficial? i plan on eating high protein medium carb, medium fat, probably ending up around
    200-240g of protein, 240-300g of carbs,100-120g of fat which ranges from 2700-3200 calories approx. i have a sedentary job so figure thats my calories should be between 2800-3200 i will adjust after 2 weeks if i am not gaining weight slowly or gaining to much to fast.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I would post this on UK's Mens Health forum, you would get more detailed responses and advice.

5X5 sounds good, throw in some dips, deadlifts,lunges, and lift very heavy, no more than 6reps, should see results. wouldnt bother with the ab work, as the squats,deadlift, pull ups, etc will work them far more, and you should have no strenght left after the 5x5 to do abs anyway, no harm in doing a bit of core work on a day off. also wouldnt do cardio more than once a week either.