Ladies: Question about sports bras...

I have always had the curse of large breasts and it is no better now that I am breast feeding. I go to a Zumba class once a week and am looking for something that will make me look less X-rated. (I am a 32 G now :sad: ) Also, I have recently started jogging. So my fellow large breasted ladies, what is your favorite sports bra?

Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    I'm not large chested in anyway but I've read that Enell Sports Bra, Champion and the tata tamer by Lulu Lemon are some of the best.
  • Thanks! I'll look into those.
  • Anyone else have suggestions?
  • I got some at Target that I layer. I'm 42 DD/E and wear two 2XLs and it keeps them in. Makes the girls a little sweatier when I work out, but it's a cheaper alternative to paying $50 for some of the ones I've seen that are designed for larger ladies.
  • hhv100
    hhv100 Posts: 1 Member
    Moving Comfort makes some good ones. Also, check out Title Nine's website. They have a section called ((bounce)) which has an excellent selection.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    I'm a 38C and I found the XL Danskin ones at Walmart work for me. They are $9.94 each. I bought two to wear during my personal training sessions (he LOVES jumping jacks :ohwell: ). Thinking I may pick up another 2-3 pair soon. They are pretty sturdy and hold things in place pretty well.
  • 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 137 Member
    I agree I use the XL Danskins from Walmart too. They have extra super support ones that make even my 42DD chest look flat! plus they are made with that breathable material which makes them great during workouts. I think mine were the more expensive ones tho (around $14) but totally worth it if you are gonna do more than stand in place.
  • hali1
    hali1 Posts: 54 Member
    I'm a 34DDD and unfortunately my sports bra that I LOVE for jogging, seems to be no longer available. :( It's from Goddess though, and I may eventually try one of their other styles since I love this one so much.

Another strike against me, the specialty lingerie store here in my town just went out of business, and I have nowhere local now to get my oddball sizes. So now I am stuck with shopping online, which stinks - I would much rather try something on before I buy, than have to return it later! Oh well...

Speaking of online shopping, I did just recently order a new sports bra from Enell, hopefully will be here within a few more days. I picked it specifically because it looked like it was constructed similarly to my Goddess bra. If you're curious, send me a message or something and I'll let you know how I like it once I get a chance to check it out.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    ENELL SPORTS BRA. i cannot even explain what a miracle this thing is. its not attractive, and it takes 1-2x to get used to the 11 or so hooks that go up the front of it, but this thing is a harness!!! i had to wear 2 sports bras (im a 36DD) and even then, i could feel the bounce as i ran. not with Enell. this bra was my running savior.

get it on amazon - the size chart is accurate- i was a size 2 on their bras, and i wear a 36DD and a street size 12.
  • hali1
    hali1 Posts: 54 Member
    ENELL SPORTS BRA. i cannot even explain what a miracle this thing is. its not attractive, and it takes 1-2x to get used to the 11 or so hooks that go up the front of it, but this thing is a harness!!! i had to wear 2 sports bras (im a 36DD) and even then, i could feel the bounce as i ran. not with Enell. this bra was my running savior.

get it on amazon - the size chart is accurate- i was a size 2 on their bras, and i wear a 36DD and a street size 12.

Mine came yesterday, and I think I'm tending to agree with this. It took forever to get into when I tried it on, but the thing is a vice! Hopefully I'll take it out for a good test run (haha, pun intended) this weekend, but I think it's going to be worth the money.

Looks like I'll probably end up preferring my Goddess bra for comfort (and it also gives a TON of support), but if I can't get it anymore, that doesn't help.