When you dont have a HRM

Options
hi
I dont have a HRM and also cant spend the money on one now. How can i track my burned calories?

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    MFP does it for you. Just pick what exercise that you did, enter the time and it will spit out calories burned.

There is also online calculators that you can use.
  • phoebe2488
    phoebe2488 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat so I use MFP's database of exercises. I tend to put in less time than what I actually did though because I am unsure how reliable the calorie count is. I would rather underestimate the calories burned than overestimate.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I only recently got a HRM and before that I always used the MFP calculator for the calories burned. Now that I have a HRM I compared the calories burned given by MFP and the HRM and MFP seems pretty spot on. It was only different by about 20 cals. So if you eat back you exercise calories maybe reduce the MFP calculation by about 25-50 cals to avoid overeating.

Hope I could help a bit!
  • Stacy533
    Stacy533 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I only recently got a HRM and before that I always used the MFP calculator for the calories burned. Now that I have a HRM I compared the calories burned given by MFP and the HRM and MFP seems pretty spot on. It was only different by about 20 cals. So if you eat back you exercise calories maybe reduce the MFP calculation by about 25-50 cals to avoid overeating.

Hope I could help a bit!

that's a great help, save's haeding out and buying a HRM
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat. I rely on MFP and other online calculators. I dont eat back my calories. If i do, it wont be all of them. All is well so far.
  • tantalee
    tantalee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!
    Because im doing jillian cd's at home and dont have any clue about how much i spend during the exercise or how to put it in the MFP
  • feebeast1
    feebeast1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!
    Because im doing jillian cd's at home and dont have any clue about how much i spend during the exercise or how to put it in the MFP

I wore my HRM for the DVD, I found putting in Circuit Training General for 25mins was spot on for my calories burnt.

For those of you in the UK, Lloyds Pharmacy do a HRM for around £10 (if you keep an eye on their website it gets put in the sale for £5 sometimes!). The only exercise I don't use it for is swimming as its not waterproof(!) :(
  • creative1981
    creative1981 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!

I wore my HRM for the DVD, I found putting in Circuit Training General for 25mins was spot on for my calories burnt.

For those of you in the UK, Lloyds Pharmacy do a HRM for around £10 (if you keep an eye on their website it gets put in the sale for £5 sometimes!). The only exercise I don't use it for is swimming as its not waterproof(!) :(

Oooo! Is it any good? That's super cheap!