Insanity

Options
Can anyone that finished insanity share there success stories please??!! im waiting for mine to come in the mail and am super excited!!!

Replies

• bubsmom10
    Options
    anyone???
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I have done it 3 times. It's awesome and truly does give you those fats results as long as you do the workout! = )
    Dojng my 3rd round of Asylum now.
  • colby957
    colby957 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did a round of Insanity and started my 2nd. I didn't see the results I was hoping for, but I did slim down and tone my whole body! Make sure you have good cross training shoes and DON'T cheat yourself! THese workouts are hard, but will give you good results if you stick with it. Remember that just because you are burning 500-600 calories a day, don't over indulge!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I am in my second round of Insanity. I blog daily about my experience. Friend me if you'd like. I won't kid you, it is tough but I'm 52 years old and when I started my first round I weighed 264 pounds. If I can do it anyone can. You just got to have the drive and commitment to do it. Now if I think about skipping a day I feel guilty, like I'm cheating myself. Good luck to you.

First half of the program the routines are easier and shorter than the second half. I typically burn around 600 to 700 calories per workout, up to 900 for the second half. I had a lot of flab so my results are still masked. Started at 264 and went to 246 after round 1. This second time I started at 234 and today I'm at 231, 10 days into round 2. Hope this helps.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Love Insanity!! I completed the workout last June. I use it as a filler on some of workout days. Asylum is different but good too! Good luck! I have progress pics on my profile! :)
  • michcruz
    michcruz Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have already done it one time and am currently doing my second round. I saw results within the first two weeks of doing the program and I didn't follow any specific diet regiment except for using MFP. I started to slim down. I didn't drastically lose weight or anything like that, but I lost inches and my clothes fit better. I also started to feel much stronger as time progressed. People around me noticed the change as well and started to do Insanity too and now i'm seeing them slim down and say that they are feeling better and more energized.

The workouts are hard, but you'll see. You'll get stonger and more agile and feel good about it. Or at least I did. Good luck!
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Loved it! Finished in January and now doing a hybrid of that and Les Mills Pump! Agreed with the above post, nutrition is key! Be sure you get your calories and macros for the day and follow the nutrition guide. If you haven't already done it I would make sure you know your BMR and TDEE, that way you are fueling your body correctly for maximum benefits from the program. Your endurance will soar, good luck!
  • MarcusBoykin
    Options
    This is my first go around with insanity and I can see the results. I'm in the recovery week right now(yes, you'll be thankful for this week.lol) . I'm excited for you. You will definitely reach your goals if you stick with it and watch your eating habits.
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity twice. The first round, I lost 10 pounds and looked completely different by the end of it. I have the before and after shots in my album. If it's not open for public viewing (I'm not sure) feel free to send me a friend request (or also if you'd like some more support). I probably would've lost a lot more but I was nearing my weight loss goal at the time. The improvement in my cardio was amazing, and I loved the sense of accomplishment every time I finished the workout. And let's be honest ladies, Shaun T is mighty nice to look at for 45-60 minutes.

It's a tough workout, and there's going to be times when you don't feel like you can keep going but you can do it. That being said, don't be afraid to take breaks when you need to or modify the exercises as needed. If jumping hurts your joints, jog in place or do some push-ups, but keep moving. If you need to stop for water (or air!), do it. I like that the people in the video stop and take breaks in the middle of sets. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Good luck!
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I just started today and I keep hearing nothing but positive results from this workout.. ya!!!
  • bubsmom10
    Options

you are my inspiration and why i wanted insanity in the first place!!! i miss u on momtalk :( .....the address u gave me is not working though it says page not found :(
  • bubsmom10
    Options
    I am in my second round of Insanity. I blog daily about my experience. Friend me if you'd like. I won't kid you, it is tough but I'm 52 years old and when I started my first round I weighed 264 pounds. If I can do it anyone can. You just got to have the drive and commitment to do it. Now if I think about skipping a day I feel guilty, like I'm cheating myself. Good luck to you.

First half of the program the routines are easier and shorter than the second half. I typically burn around 600 to 700 calories per workout, up to 900 for the second half. I had a lot of flab so my results are still masked. Started at 264 and went to 246 after round 1. This second time I started at 234 and today I'm at 231, 10 days into round 2. Hope this helps.

thats is awesome good job!!! i love hearing great results!!! makes me feel like it will be worth it!!
  • bubsmom10
    Options
    This is my first go around with insanity and I can see the results. I'm in the recovery week right now(yes, you'll be thankful for this week.lol) . I'm excited for you. You will definitely reach your goals if you stick with it and watch your eating habits.

wow!! thats awesome!! thanx for the heads up i cant wait!!
  • bubsmom10
    Options
    I've done Insanity twice. The first round, I lost 10 pounds and looked completely different by the end of it. I have the before and after shots in my album. If it's not open for public viewing (I'm not sure) feel free to send me a friend request (or also if you'd like some more support). I probably would've lost a lot more but I was nearing my weight loss goal at the time. The improvement in my cardio was amazing, and I loved the sense of accomplishment every time I finished the workout. And let's be honest ladies, Shaun T is mighty nice to look at for 45-60 minutes.

It's a tough workout, and there's going to be times when you don't feel like you can keep going but you can do it. That being said, don't be afraid to take breaks when you need to or modify the exercises as needed. If jumping hurts your joints, jog in place or do some push-ups, but keep moving. If you need to stop for water (or air!), do it. I like that the people in the video stop and take breaks in the middle of sets. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Good luck!

thank you so much for the advice!!