Stretch marks from weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Lots of stretch marks cant be seen until they are unstretched... cause.. you know... they arent stretched anymore.
  • ImaSongbird
    ImaSongbird Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Thanks.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    If you are loosing weight too fast it can happen. It happened to me but I'm not too worried. I'd rather have the stretch marks than the fat.
  • simplyregina
    Options
    the same thing is happening to me. in the same exact spot and mine are pink too!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Yes, getting fat can make you develop stretch marks. They aren't a big deal and most people have them.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I got the stretch marks getting fat, I only notice them now that I'm losing.
    I have them on my belly, thighs, tricep area, chest and hips. They're all silver and I'm used to them now. I earned my stripes. I'm only gonna get more when I have kids ;)
  • vivian1616
    vivian1616 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mederma has just come out with a cream for stretch marks, different from their cream for scars. The key is to start therapy while the stretch marks are new. The sooner you start using it, the better your chances of diminishing them. They will never go away, but they have a chance of fading if you start treating them and stay consistent.
  • rdrettig1
    rdrettig1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have noticed some on my thighs that I did not even know where there. They are old, I can tell by the color but I didn't notice them until I lost some weight. Stretch marks suck. I have some a half inch wide! But you better believe I will rock a bikini this summer :)
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I got them. I have no clue as to where all of them came from, as in.. there are many reason I SHOULD have them...

Rapid growth during puberty gave me boobie stretchmarks, Rapid weight gain, rapid weight loss, 5 pregnancies.... yeah I', a human roadmap. Luckily they are more flesh colored than others I have seen. But I dont find them unattractive, they just happen.

I get upset about things I can actually change.
  • curds
    curds Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I got an annoying stretch mark from lifting weight lol, its very close to my bicep so always check to see how prominent it is when I flex, I will say try some bio oil it helps if you remember to put it on daily which I don't creams/lotions/oils I always tend to forget about.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Yes. I got them on my thighs from gaining weight and then from pregnancy, but they didn't become visible until I lost. My husband has told me that it's because I do so much exercise, so I tell myself that whenever I notice them.
  • Lestrange__
    Lestrange__ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bio oil works really well on my stretch marks.
  • Shr3dded
    Shr3dded Posts: 232
    Options
    ^^ Bio oil or cocoa butter will help them fade a bit.
  • ultimuttginge
    Options
    Two years ago i became unwell and the weight FELL off me over a period of 6 months. I went from a UK dress size 14, to a dress 8! And sadly i got a lot of stretch marks!
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I got stretch marks from being pregnant ( my tummy is a mass of them) and obv when i piled on the lb everywhere else. I got them all when i was over weight but when they stopped being so stretched the texture of them changed, and the colour. They seemed more noticable to me. I thought you only got stretch marks when you got bigger however who knows. I have been using bio oil on mine as i have been shrinking and its working a treat. They are still there and always will be but they are now a silvery colour instead of redish purple colour. Hope this helps xx
  • CrisSisonAban
    Options
    I started 248LBS and now Im 220Lbs , i have like stretch marks all over my shoulder, belly area and around my waist... is that normal????
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,689 Member
    Options
    use skin tightening wraps that keeps that under control for me.
    Myth. Stretch marks are scars and no "wrap" rids the body from them. You'll hide them from wrapping them with the wrap though.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • wcordova21
    wcordova21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Almond Oil and Vitamin E
  • rebeccaisafish
    rebeccaisafish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I guess so. I didn't get a single stretch mark while pregnant, and then the moment I had given birth my stomach was covered in them. Same deal with weight loss I guess.