Is there anyone out there that can help, please

Options
Hi, new here, I need help losing weight. I am very much looking to lose this weight and it's just not working that much. If you would like to be online weight lose buddies, let me know please. I am looking to motivate someone as well as myself, so please tell me there are still people people out there that cares, thanks .lol

Replies

• luvinggal
    luvinggal Posts: 58
    Options
    Hi, new here, I need help losing weight. I am very much looking to lose this weight and it's just not working that much. If you would like to be online weight lose buddies, let me know please. I am looking to motivate someone as well as myself, so please tell me there are still people people out there that cares, thanks .lol
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome gr8!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:happy: i hope u find helpful tools, words, and people here on mfp. i feel i have.:tongue:

i'd like to invite u to post on a "gratitide" thread. i feel it has helped me look 4 happys even when i'm feeling sad/mad. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/35254-daily-gratitude-check
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! The wonderful thing about this site is that we're all here for one another. As you read around and talk to other members, you'll gravitate to people who have personalities that fit your likes and needs. Some people like support from people who are kind "in-your-face" tough (think Jillian from the Biggest Loser) and others like a kinder, gentler approach (think Bob from the Biggest Loser).

Here's what I've found this time of around: I have wonderful people who are there to give advice and for me to check in with - but I'm in this for myself this time around. I can't depend on anyone else to get me motivated, to keep me motivated or to drag me out of bed to go walk... I have to do that myself. BUT - afterwards, when I come on to "brag" that I walked for 20 minutes, 45 minutes or an hour - there's ALWAYS someone willing to give me a Hoo-Rah!

There is a lot of information on these boards. There are a lot of people who have lost massive amounts of weight. There are certainly people who care. But in the end - this is a journey that we all have to take on our own... and in the end, we get the pleasure of saying, "I did it by myself... I didn't lose it with pills, plans or magic... I ate right and exercised".

Good luck!!!!
  • persian_dancer
    Options
    hey! Welcome to MFP!!!! I know you'll do great! Come into this not expecting miracles right away, with hard work and a little planning you can lose just as much weight as anyone else on here. I've been on here for a year or so and have only lose 8 actual pounds, but I have dropped pants sizes and shirt sizes galor! I work out 5 days a week and am finally able to run, its awesome!!! If you need motivation all you need to do is ask! Happy losing! :drinker:
  • luvinggal
    luvinggal Posts: 58
    Options
    :love: :happy: thanks to all, means alot lol