Male, losing weight to help manage tryglicerides

Options
Hi, I am a 43 year old male. I was around 220 when I applied for life insurance. They quoted me one price, then when I told them my tryglicerides number (296) my rate more than doubled! That instantly told me I had twice as high a chance of dying if I didn't get my tryglicerides under control. Besides cutting out all alcohol and soda and other high sugar foods, weight loss is going to be a major component of lowering those tryglicerides. I lost nearly 15 lbs in the month before I found MFP, and I have been on here for nearly 1 month now and lost another 13 so far. I log EVERYTHING I eat and drink and all of my runs and workouts. I almost never to go over my calories, and try to run or go a 30 minute gym workout everyday. I record my weight every day. I know they suggest to only weigh weekly, but I find the daily weigh in makes me feel even more accountable, and I like the instant gratification. Looking to add a support network of equally committed friends to help me with what will probably be the hardest part; the final 23 pounds to get to my goal weight of 170.

Replies