Never Dieted/Never Blogged---Help all the way!!

Options
Hello, I have never followed a "diet" before but my daughter and I decided we were going to start eating healthier (besides that our annual family trip to Florida is coming up at the end of March...bathing suit season :(...) Searching the internet for a "calorie counter" a found this site. Just curious as to anyone's take on thoughts...tips??? I have four kids and just hit that "40" birthday last month.....I recently went back to work full-time so exercise is hard to juggle with homework, science fair, and teenager social lives....:) I am also on medication that has caused my weight to go from 120lb to 300lb back to under 100 and now where I am....

Thanks...Sandy

Replies

• bstarm
    bstarm Posts: 14
    Options
    Hello, I have never followed a "diet" before but my daughter and I decided we were going to start eating healthier (besides that our annual family trip to Florida is coming up at the end of March...bathing suit season :(...) Searching the internet for a "calorie counter" a found this site. Just curious as to anyone's take on thoughts...tips??? I have four kids and just hit that "40" birthday last month.....I recently went back to work full-time so exercise is hard to juggle with homework, science fair, and teenager social lives....:) I am also on medication that has caused my weight to go from 120lb to 300lb back to under 100 and now where I am....

Thanks...Sandy
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandy! i'm ali and new too!

I feel for you! bathing suits scare me to death LOL....

I wish you a lot of luck!!
    Ali
  • bstarm
    Options
    Why is that? LOL....:blushing: I think because we live in Indiana and in the winter I don't think about it much until this time comes around
  • dogwdots
    dogwdots Posts: 146
    Options
    This is all new to me too. 20 pounds just jumped on board recently - not sure why - probably just getting older. Would like to find my slimmer self again for a vacation I am taking in July. I will be watching the Blogs for anyone's good tips too - my biggest weakness - snacks at work and no excercise do to a desk job.
  • bstarm
    Options
    I work a full-time job and twice a week I work part-time at Staples (leaving straight from my job) until close.. Meaning I get home at 10:00ish and I'm starving! So I grab "junk" food...I've been looking for suggestions as to what to eat. I did buy some of those 100 Calorie snacks..I just started Sunday so I don't know how long I can last....I've heard Special-K cereal can be a good snack food?
  • rodeoruss
    Options
    everyon her on this site is here for you two. good luck and best wishes
  • bstarm
    Options
    Thanks..it is so stressful being stressed about dieting...I don't know whether to count calories or carbs..I'm hoping to get good feedback from this website....I get too much conflicting info from people I know :indifferent:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    the bathing suit made me chuckle. The last time I wore a bathing suit was when I was 10 yrs old with no care in the world. Up until 2 days ago, I've never worn one since. Funny part is that I had lost over 50 lbs a few years ago and I loved my body, its was the bomb but i have gained around 60+ and still wore that bathing suit. It is like a part of me doesn't care anymore...

It is stressful having to watch our figures and also watch our figures grow...its like, why do we have to do this?? Such is life, right?

I think you probably need to count your Calories but watch your Carb intake because it can turn into a sugar.

This site will instruct you on everything...just browse around and figure things out...you'll be a pro.