Weight Control?????

Options
Hey, has ne one ever heard of weight control drs? There is a local drs group in my area called weight control.. they apparently give u shots of b12 lots of vitamins & appetite suppressants to get u to ur goal... does ne one know of this? and more importantly does it work?????

Replies

• sallyado
    sallyado Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey, has ne one ever heard of weight control drs? There is a local drs group in my area called weight control.. they apparently give u shots of b12 lots of vitamins & appetite suppressants to get u to ur goal... does ne one know of this? and more importantly does it work?????
  • persian_dancer
    Options
    nope, but that sounds pretty neat! I'm not sure if it's healthy, but I'd be interested in more information on it. :drinker:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Personally I think it is just a more expensive version of an over the counter diet pill. Some ladies at my gym have tried a few different doctors for weight loss help usually end up putting it back on. You should go check it out, get the info and ask if they have references and look them up for complaints etc online.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    It does work but only for short term weight loss not long term.I know because my husband and I treid it for awhile and he lost 50 pounds and I lost 25 in like 2 months but as soon as you quit you gain it back and then some.Also there are lots of side effects that come with the appetite suppressant that they give you.One of them being heart palpatations.:flowerforyou: In my opinion you are far better off doing it the healthy way by exercising and eating right because in the long run you will keep it off and you won't be dependent on some drug to help you lose.Hope this helps.Good luck with you journey.:flowerforyou:
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Sounds like Dr. Bernstein here in Canada. I know someone who tried this, and it worked, except it's very unhealthy weight loss. You lose it quickly, giving you lots of loose skin, but your eating habits aren't changed and generally you'll gain it all back again. Check with your family doc before trying it. It's also very expensive.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,945 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

There is no quick magic answer. You have to work at it and allow it to happen in a healthy way.

MFP has lots of great tools. If you use them and work at this, you will succeed and you will stay successful:bigsmile:
  • sallyado
    sallyado Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the info.... i have an appt tomorrow & im just check it out... ido realize that there isnt any quick fix or magic pill... you are all awesome!!!
    thanx again:tongue:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    B12 supplements haven't been shown to be effective in any clinical studies at increasing anything. B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that isn't stored in the body, so while you need to get enough from the diet (and it can only be found in animal foods or supplements), any extra will be excreted shortly thereafter. It can also cause non-hormonal hot flashes. So you're paying a lot for some painful shots that won't actually do anything that a regular multivitamin can't do. :smile: