What do you like/dislike about self since weight loss

Options
flsl
flsl Posts: 75 Member
Hi,

I ve been lurking around here for a few months so just thought I d say hi.
I am Irish and have to say, looking at some of you here, I would say there is a huge difference between my ideal body and say, an ideal Los Angeles body!

So, what do you think?

Like: Thing I like most about losing weight is the feeling that you have some control, after years of believing you had no control over body shape.

Dislike: A certain part of my female anatomy is getting smaller :-(
Am happy enough keeping my curves. (I'd never survive Hollywood)

Replies

• mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Like: my stomach is getting flatter
    Dislike: my boobs are too (could get by with a training bra)
  • miss_lizz
    miss_lizz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    likes, wearing NEW smaller CLOTHES!

dislikes MY BOOBS, after a baby breastfeeding and losing 70lbs.. ( not all from mfp) there GONE.. gone gone.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Liking that everything is smaller but my feet are so thin they look like they belong to Angelina Jolie.. emaciated.
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Posts: 113
    Options
    like: I like that I have lost inches all around, it feels great!

dislike: I am still working hard on losing body fat so my arms will be more visibly toned with the rest of my body, why is there always somewhere that lingers!

I also went down a cup size and had to buy all new bras, but getting new lingerie made up for that :P
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    My like.. My arms are so lean and fit looking

Dislike my stomach thighs and butt are still not where i would like them...... i still have 20lbs to go
  • BornToRun14
    Options
    Like: I can fit into smaller clothes.
    Dislike: I have no boobs :(
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

Dislike: The tiny little wave of loose skin on my belly and i dont think i'll ever be 100% happy with myself
  • JenniLisette
    Options
    Me too!!
    DiSSSLIKES: boobs are flatter and tho my stomach has gone down ( due to having 4 kids) it's also more falbby..before my tummy was full of fat and firmer..and wen i lost weight it's gotten blobbish..but i'm sure it'll get firmer at the end =)
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

Dislikes: That I can sit in front of the mirror and still feel like I weigh almost 300#. And that, while I've lost a lot of weight, people who look at me and don't know me from before will still think I'm "squishy" (Got told that. As a back-handed complement. By someone who's seen me naked. Took all my self control to not get stabby. Because he didn't and doesn't know that I've worked damn hard over the last year to even get to this point.)
  • swycoff17
    swycoff17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Like: How I feel after working out--and consistently working out
    Dislike: That I let myself go three years without consistantly working out, and therefore it'll be a little bit longer than I'd like for my muscles to come back! ;-)
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Like: getting the attention from everyone including my DH that I used to get before kids <3, feeling like I have reclaimed "my body" not the shell I had before.
    Dislike: I am still generally between sizes, and now my love handle areas are uneven one side is noticeably smaller and starts higher up, the other is noticeably smaller and lower, annoying!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm liking everything so far, except that I haven't moved down a pants size yet. Shirt/waist definitely, but DAMN IT HIPS, HURRY IT UP!!!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    What I like --- Looking "normal", having control over my body, easier selection of clothes, my blood tests being in the normal ranges, not being stared at like I am some sort of cow.

What I hate ---- still clothes shopping because no two brands are alike, having control over my body because now that I know I won't eat things that I once loved, having no boobs at all (dd to a B and barely that), all this stupid extra skin, still not feeling comfortable in a swim suit because of all this dumb skin, DID I MENTION ALL THIS DUMB SKIN???

Thats it in a nutshell
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I love my confidence and love of my new body. Parts of my body that I hated before I love and I am just so much happier than I ever was before. The only sucky thing about weight loss is that you can't target fat loss is certain areas so my thighs are not keeping up with the rest of my leg and are big in comparison. But oh well - I don't have a supermodel body and never though I would so with all of the other improvements in my life, I can deal with larger thighs.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Like: Everything is shrinking and cellulite is dissapaiting

Dislike: It's taking too long (Not really. lost 17 lbs in 7 weeks just have 33 more to go)
  • amandahoppes
    Options
    Like: The fact that I am wearing smaller clothes (but I still have about 10 to 12 lbs to go)... This makes me feel like a new person.

Dislike: The tiny little saggy skin under my chin. I used to have a fuller face and a (small) double chin and since I lost some weight, it is a bit saggy and looks like weird skin. It's not crazy bad...or VERY noticeable, but it bothers me.
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Whats up with your dislike for Los Angeles? I live in LA and honestly don't really understand what you were trying to imply.

Like: Start to see definition in my muscles
    Dislikes: Don't have time for much else. With work, gym, cleaning cooking, and grocery shopping, I'm tired.
  • rosebayer
    rosebayer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Like: wearing smaller clothes, having people tell me how good I look, slimmed down in the face, no saggy skin yet, inner knee fat disappearing, back fat disappearing, starting to have more of a sensitivity to salt, starting to get excited about trying new vegetables, non-scale victories, a sense of control over myself, cleaning doesn't seem like a chore anymore but an opportunity to eat more food, MY BUTT LOOKS AMAZING!

Dislike: My DDD boobs still aren't going away, people who don't understand how much big boobs gets in the way of working out, having to pay for new clothes, being inbetween swimsuit sizes, having to track everything I eat, skinny people telling me they don't understand why people go on diets, random people that hear I'm trying to lose weight and they suddenly become a certified nutritionist, ma & pop restaurants that are really good but don't have any nutritional info on their food, grocery shopping takes forever, traveling and having to eat without my kitchen and my gym, roommates/friends who try to feed me crap food, feeling bigger than you really are
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I have loads of these but heres a few of each

Having loads of energy - leaving me with a better tolerence and not such a short fuse with the kids when they play up.
    A nice bum - thanks to zumba
    Nicer legs and slimmer thighs - thanks to zumba and jogging
    More confidence - actually not caring if hubby sees me getting changed
    Going to the fridge and actually voluntarily reaching for a healthy snack instead of a can of coke and rubbish!
    Cooking family meals from scratch without thinking about it

DISLIKES
    The days were you just don't feel that slim
    The feeling on a 'rest day' - feel alittle guilty if I don't do some form of exercise lol
    Extremely pale Irish skin - wish I was a little tan lol xx
  • tonihayden
    Options
    American Eagle: The Drew Bra..........adds two cup sizes, is soooo comfortable and always on sale......girls.......trust me it's the 40.00 alternative to implants!! LOL......as u r losing in that area u can still look great in ur clothes with this!!