Wii Fit NSV!

Options
I'm so excited to have met my first large-scale goal today with a loss of 30 pounds! I still have a long way to go, but I am so pumped to have reached this milestone, as I now weigh below the Wii Fit weight limit. Before this point, I did use the Wii for exercise. However, I always had to place a towel under the balance board. *facepalm* Now I can throw away that towel and also log my weight accurately!

To those of you above 330 pounds, I just want to let you know you can reach your goals if you set your mind to it and even use the Wii Fit. The balance board can actually withstand weights up to 600 pounds, it's just the software that is set at 330 max. Just use the balance board on carpeting or place a towel underneath and you are set. I have lost the 30 pounds with just using MFP to count calories, walking and using Wii Fit Plus. It's awesome exercise! Thanks for letting me share my accomplishment! :)

Replies

• BornToRun14
    Options
    Wow thats great! You're doing awesome! Keep it up!
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Absalutely brilliant. Well done and best of luck for the rest of your journey x
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Go you!!! Don't have a Wii fit (I think I am gaming device deficient!) but I think I will have to rectify that. I love that you are happy with the smaller NSV's - They all count!!! Keep it up!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I started my journey with wii fit at about 315. definitely a great start
  • skydiamonds67
    skydiamonds67 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Go you!!! Don't have a Wii fit (I think I am gaming device deficient!) but I think I will have to rectify that. I love that you are happy with the smaller NSV's - They all count!!! Keep it up!

I have 150-200 pounds to lose, so to keep my motivation and my sanity, I have broken my total weight loss goal into small mini goals. I have 5 different weight goals to reach, and also have a jacket and pair of jeans that I want to fit into again. That way it makes my journey seem less daunting, and keeps me motivated to reach all of my goals (since one is never that far away).

Focusing on the little changes (in either pounds, inches, energy levels or any other positive differences in health and well-being) is the way to go! I try to keep this motto in mind: "Focus on how far you’ve come, not how far you have to go." :)
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your accomplishments! Wii Fit is a fun way to get some exercise! Keep up the great work!
  • jbarletta316
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your first goal. I have used the Wii fit in the past and I actually still use my Wii to exercise, but now I am using the Zumba 2 for the Wii. Keep up the good work!
  • Drendren
    Drendren Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats on meeting your milestone - that's huge! Thanks for your motto - very motivational as well.
  • HisMissus
    HisMissus Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love using the Wii Fit for exercising, still umming and arring about getting Zumba for it, though lots of my friends say it's fun. Keep up the good work xxx
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    That's awesome! What a wonderful NSV! Keep up the incredible work! =D
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    thats freaking fabulous!!! proud of you
  • CurlyNee
    Options
    Congrats on making your first milestone! That's awesome. Keep up the good work!
  • cmonab
    Options
    Congrats Sky!!! you have inspired me to dust off my WII fit
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    WTG! Stay with it, and keep doing what your doing!

I got a Wii zumba but I need help to get it set up (electronics are not one of my better talents)...can't wait to get started.
  • moamom1
    Options
    GrEaT jOb!:flowerforyou:
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! I love my wii fit - best thing my folks ever bought for me. Keep up the great work :)
  • jnbud2002
    Options
    WAY TO GO! 30 is a great goal to achieve! I can't wait for that one myself! Keep up the awesome work!
  • Pattie74
    Pattie74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Congratulations to you...you are an encouragement!
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first thirty pounds!! Keep it up before you know it you will be hitting your next thirty!!!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Wii Fit is SUCH a great tool. I've used it since 310.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!