Oh Carbs, Why Must You Torture Me???

Options
So, I have noticed that my carb intake is ridiculous per meal. SO, I was wondering, who has cut carbs and does it work? And I mean, REALLY, does it work? Can you stick with it, what did you find was the most difficult part?

Replies

• LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have and yes it does. I cut back to 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protien and it has made a huge difference. Not only in weight loss but I am less bloated and have a lot more energy. I feel satisified during the day instead of feeling "starving" between meals. I wouldn't go too low because I can see where the weight would go back on easily if you go back to a ton of carbs. The less you eat, the less you crave too. I gave up sweets for lent and haven't killed anyone yet....soooo. Go for it.
  • nk17
    nk17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm on a medically supervised weight loss plan. My first week, was 500 cal. and 10 carbs. I lost 18 lbs. that week. (I also learned to appreciate water.) I had an appetite suppressant that I took then, but I no longer need them. I couldn't have begun my journey very successfully without that week because it kicked my carb addiction for me. Where I used to get unbelievable cravings for sweets, now I can pass them by without really wanting them. My struggle these days is to pack enough calories into the day. I'm up to 1,000-1,100 calories and 90-100 carbs, plus what is MFP puts in for exercise. Every once in a while I get to where I really eat a lot. For me this means almost reaching my target. Today is on of those days and I'm up to 1,149 today. Usually my weeks are still well under my goals and I've been losing fairly steadily. I wouldn't recommend anything that drastic without medical supervision, but carefully watching your carbs can definitely put you on the right track. Good luck.