belvita biscuts

Options
has anyone ever tried these? they are so yummy and filling! but are they supposed to be breakfast alone? or eat with breakfast?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I think they are a breakfast on their own. My husband likes them - I find them too high in sugar and carbs for me, but he's such a fussy breakfast eater I'm happy that he's found something he likes!
  • lsilly15
    lsilly15 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    OH i didnt even look at that :( all i look at are calories. Maybe i need to educate myself more!

What do you do for a quick on the go breakfast?
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty positive breakfast. The calories are super, super high. I remember looking at these small cookies and the calorie count and putting them right down. I can't imagine they'd fill me up!
  • lsilly15
    lsilly15 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    is 230 high for 4 biscuts?
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i think theyre a scam, honestly. they probably have no nutritional value and are just being marketed as healthy because thats what america likes to hear.

have some oatmeal! :)
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    my husband eats them as a snack, i thought they were horrible.

i dont really like biscuits/cookies anyway.
  • DiamondEyes_x
    DiamondEyes_x Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have them near enough everyday!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

It depends on your calorie goals. On the days that I do cardio only, I typically have a carb heavy, 500 calorie breakfast packed with at least 25 g of protein so I eat my biscuits with some Greek yogurt and eggs. I also like that they're whole grains.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

I can eat 4 chips ahoy! for 190 cals, I'd say it is high for a 'healthy breakfast'
    have some oatmeal!
    ^ I agree
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Yep I agree with the oatmeal suggestion. Also, if you like yogurt, I take the oikos greek vanilla yogurt and add in a handful of blueberries or mixed berries(fresh or frozen) and then about a TBL of grapenuts. It adds fiber and a crunchy texture. It is a very filling and yummy little parfait!!!
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I eat them... I usually have them as breakfast with a coffee or as an afternoon snack. 4 biscuits is the serving (4 in one pack) and that's 230 cals right there. But they are sooo delish :-)
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I eat them sometimes (I like blueberry), they are pretty filling. I actually eat them in two shifts, I can only get two at a time eaten. I find them pretty filling, but alot depends on you personally. If you like the idea try them.
  • I have been eating the fruit flavour ones for breakfast the past few days they are ok expensive for what they are though! I got them on special offer now I have run out I'll stick to weetabix or aldi's own version of special k!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options

I think so... I don't go over 150 for breakfast. Or I try not to anyway on most days. If it is something special I will do 2-300 but then not have any morning snacks.
  • kayp1
    kayp1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I find it very difficult to eat breakfast. I have never been a breakfast person, preferring to eat mid morning.It isn't appropriate for me to take a bowl of cereals to work, so I have the yoghurt crunch, 2 biscuits about 238 cals.
    Not only do they fill me til lunchtime, but pyschologically I have had a coffee and biscuits which keeps me happy!
    I don't worry about the carbs or fat as long as I have not gone over my daily totals and keep the balance as MFP has calculated for me.
    At the end of the day it's personal choice. We can't all be the same so stick to whatever works for you.:smile:
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I eat these loads, love the crunchy oats ones!
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I like them and I don't think that 230 is too high for breakfast unless you are only eating 1200 calories a day (I have no idea how people do this and function). I pair them with a low fat cheese stick (70 cal) or carbsmart yogurt to get some protein (60 cal) and a piece of fruit (usually btw 80 - 100 cal). It was a total of about 400 calories for breakfast. I try to front load my calories on most days (doesn't always work).
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    200-250 calories I think is fine fro breakfast, but 4 biscuits wouldn't fill me up!

For the same cals I'd have:

Scrambled egg with spinach, tomatoes and cheese
    Porridge with strawberries
    Natural yoghurt with flaxseed and stewed apple
    Wholewheat toast with peanut butter and raspberry jam