HRM states min of fat burn only 1:30 min??!!!!!!!

Options
I worked out this morning, 45 minutes of Turbo Jam Cardio Party, and my HRM says 1:30 minutes was fat burn and the rest was fitness:sad: . Anyone else experienced this and how can I up my fat burn? Thanks

Replies

• ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Just because your heart rate was above the "fat burn" status, doesn't mean you're not burning fat. You burn fat in the fitness area, it's just that in the "fitness" zone you're making a difference to your over all fitness level, not just burning fat.
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Don't be deceived by the "Fat Burn" zone. You're still exercising when you go above it. "Fat Burn" was designed for people who are in really bad shape and are just starting out. It's kindof a motivator. You're doing better if you're beyond it.
  • 189andFalling
    189andFalling Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Fat burning zone is a myth. You burn more calories from fat at higher intensities AND you reduce glycogen (that is subsequently replenished using calories in - the 'afterburner' effect). The only difference between this 'fat burning zone' and 'fitness' is the %age split between glycogen and fat - but fat calories are still higher.
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I was about to get real discouraged!:smile: