HELP! Cooking with the hubby!

Options
meredithashton
meredithashton Posts: 52 Member
My husband is coming home from the military for the weekend and we decided one night we were going to cook a meal together. Whenever he is away I am always VERY good on my macros and my diet, but as soon as he comes home it all goes out the window!! So he offered to eat WHATEVER my heart desires this weekend and for the life of me I cannot think of anything that is healthy and he would actually enjoy. HELP!! I would love some suggestions of recipes we could try (I love to cook so they don't have to be easy or quick, I'd rather spend the time preparing the meal together)... I love everything (although i am not a huge meat eater) and he likes typical man-food, but he is always willing to try new things. I really want to convert him to the healthy eating lifestyle and I am hoping some of your great recipes might do the trick! Any and all recipes/tips would be greatly appreciated!!

=) Also, I am trying to do a dinner and a dessert (and maybe fit in a glass or 2 of wine!) so the lower cal the better!

Thanks!!

Replies

• kleighsamboer
    Options
    Fish is always a good choice. My hubby's birthday was a couple days ago and I made a good dinner that he liked(he is very picky). I made a salad (greens, tomato, radishes,smoked salmon, mustard vinagrette), steamer clams with a shallot and herb broth, and tilapia. It was pretty awesome. You will have to look at portions and count your calories but it is a pretty low calorie meal considering. As far as dessert goes you could always do a strawberry shortcake or something with fruit. again make sure to count your calories. hope this helps!
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Do you like chinese food? If so, go to skinnytaste.com and look up their recipe for asian drumsticks and there is another recipe for brown fried rice. My husband actually requested I make those drumsticks again. And it would be a lot easier to get everything ready at the same time if one of you handled the rice dish and the other did the drumsticks. It wasn't that hard either.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hubby tonight loved a stirfry with prawns and loads of veg - brocoli, red pepper, spinach, mushroom, asparagus. We added noodles, but would work equally well on rice.
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    Baked tilapia!!