hrm

Options
anyone know of a really good but inexpensive hrm for a woman?

Replies

• Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and I love it. Not sure what you consider inexpensive, but my model sells on Amazon for about $67. You want to make sure that whatever you buy has a chest strap for accuracy, first and foremost. The "watch only" types never seem to work well for people. I've rarely heard of anyone being unhappy with HRMs from Polar. I've also heard great things about Garmin, and theirs offer you the option of a pedometer feature as well. However, they are in the pricier range.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    You get what you pay for when it comes to HRMs. I just got a Polar FT40 and I absolutely love it. It is worth every penny of the ~$110 I spend on it.
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Same here, polar FT4, love it!!!
  • bubsmom10
    Options
    ok thank you ladies!!!
  • ImaSongbird
    ImaSongbird Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    What I really like about my Polar HRM is that I can even wear it swimming!
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Don't know if this will help you any but...........Here is a link that was posted in another thread with a lot of information on HRM's. Also, I would suggest getting one with a chest strap as they are better to calculate an accurate HR.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

I purchased a Polar FT40 last year from heartratemonitorsusa dot com to replace my old Polar (which didn't calculate calories burned) and I :heart: the FT40.

You can search the internet for specials and lowest prices if you are shopping for any HRM on sites like heart rate monitors usa , Amazon, sporting stores, ebay, etc.

Also, search for online codes so that you can take advantage of any additional savings :wink:
  • bubsmom10
    Options

Don't know if this will help you any but...........Here is a link that was posted in another thread with a lot of information on HRM's. Also, I would suggest getting one with a chest strap as they are better to calculate an accurate HR.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

I purchased a Polar FT40 last year from heartratemonitorsusa dot com to replace my old Polar (which didn't calculate calories burned) and I :heart: the FT40.

You can search the internet for specials and lowest prices if you are shopping for any HRM on sites like heart rate monitors usa , Amazon, sporting stores, ebay, etc.

Also, search for online codes so that you can take advantage of any additional savings :wink:
    thanx for your advice!!!
  • SerenaNatasha
    Options
    I just recently purchased the Polar FT7 and I love it!