Stop Being a yo-yo

Options
As many people, I am a yo-yo. I lose weight and gain it back faster. This is bad for my health, especially being a woman and was wondering if anybody had any tips or suggestions.

Some of my main problems is the food I eat, I am really picky and the foods I like tend to be extremely high in calories. I have been taking my lunch and have been substituting cereal as one of my meals.

I get into grooves, where I go the the gym 3 times every week for like 3 months, and then for one reason or another stop going and end up gaining the weight back even faster then it took me to lose it!!!!

Replies

• andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    As many people, I am a yo-yo. I lose weight and gain it back faster. This is bad for my health, especially being a woman and was wondering if anybody had any tips or suggestions.

Some of my main problems is the food I eat, I am really picky and the foods I like tend to be extremely high in calories. I have been taking my lunch and have been substituting cereal as one of my meals.

I get into grooves, where I go the the gym 3 times every week for like 3 months, and then for one reason or another stop going and end up gaining the weight back even faster then it took me to lose it!!!!
  • queenmina
    queenmina Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea!

I completely feel you. It's like I was reading about me when I read your post. I'm a certified true yo-yo dieter. And I struggle with my eating and working out and weight every single day. I've been back on track for over a month now, and I'm determined to finally get rid of this extra 80lbs I've accumulated.

I'm no expert, but here's what I've been doing: It can't be about just dieting anymore, we have to make a lifestyle change. We can't opt for a quick fix, it's got to a major change in our lives.

1. I'm trying to pick healthy food I really like, and find workouts I really enjoy doing.
    2. I joined this site and made some great workout buddies.
    3. I am constantly reading up on weight loss and fitness to keep me perpetually motivated.
    4. I'm getting my girlfriends to join me on "fitness" activities, eg trips to the gym, dance class, hikes at the reservoir and biking at the park
    5. I set up a blog where I'm journalling my progress - I figure it will help keep me accountable
    6. I schedule my workouts like I do my other appointments in my calendar, so that I work my life around my health and not the other way around
    7. I write down everything I eat to watch my calories
    8. I got a heart rate monitor to track the calories I burn

It's a whole bunch of things, and it was troublesome and weird at first, but I'm getting used to it now. And I'm going to need to constantly motivate myself, but hopefully this time I won't be yo-yoing no more. :drinker: