Replies

• kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Run for sure, or start walking on incline of 12% and then magically running seems way easier hahahaha
  • Peanut0711
    Peanut0711 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<

Ok, so I will be the only retard for asking this...wtf is that? LOL sign language I am not very good at!!
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    BOTH! Just move it!

I run till my body says stop and otherwise walk at every opportunity - in addition to formal exercise this means walking to the store VS driving... parking further away from entrances etc.
  • grumpy2day
    Options
    Both, just started c25k, and loving it!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<

Ok, so I will be the only retard for asking this...wtf is that? LOL sign language I am not very good at!!

His screen name is kimoRUN. My guess is he prefers to run. :smile:
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Run. Gets me to my destination a 'lil bit faster.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters, they both burn about the same calories for the distance covered, it's just that running is quicker. Me? Walk!

This. I love to walk, and I love the scenery. I prefer walking/hiking out in the country, but live in town and enjoy my mile walk whenever I can get it in. I don't enjoy running....it's a waste of perfectly good scenery LOL. But I burn about the same amount of calories in a mile, regardless of how fast or slow I go, so I do what I enjoy.

What I want to know is why I log the walk to and from the park but never the time spent climbing on playground equipment chasing my daughter, or pumping that swing higher than she can get hers! :laugh:
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Jog!
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    Due to an injury I dont do much running. I can not do it for our Physical Fitness test! I walk pretty fast (on 2.5 mile walk for physical fitness test I complete in about 30min.).

I am hoping to start doing some light running soon. Wife and I want to do the Zombie run in Baltimore!
  • flong1975
    Options
    Whichever you choose, you are still lapping the person sitting on the couch! :happy:
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Whichever one motivates you to get out and move, do it. I personally prefer walking because it's easier on the joints, but you have to walk for much longer to burn calories effectively. Only recently did I start running because I'm preparing for the zombie apocalypse (literally, my friend wants me to do the 5k with him and it sounds like fun running from zombies). Don't feel you have to run because other people say it's better for you. Both are good for you, one is just over with faster.

I'm doing a Zombie run too.. fun!!! I say do whatever one gets you up & moving. Heck do both:)

A zombir run sounds like so much fun! Where are they? I am in New Jersey....
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<

His screen name is kimoRUN. My guess is he prefers to run. :smile:

*DING DING DING DING*.....we have a winner. :drinker:
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    A month ago I would have said walk...now I'm thinking RUN! :)
  • stebs1984
    stebs1984 Posts: 38
    Options
    Whichever you choose, you are still lapping the person sitting on the couch! :happy:

Exactly!!

I prefer to walk... I usually like to talk things out with myself and clear my head while i'm walking, but cant do that while i'm running because i get too focused on the thought of passing out.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I can't run, big boobs. I stick to walking
  • smilewithkatherine
    smilewithkatherine Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Walk at an incline on the treadmill.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I can't run, big boobs. I stick to walking

How rude to call the other posters big boobs!

:wink:

Edit: Someone just explained it to me. My mistake!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I run and walk in intervals, 3 running, one walking. Training for another half marathon this month, so lots of both.
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    walk