achiles tendon

Options
(sorry if the spelling not correct)

since i have been exercising my ankles have been very painful, i now have a lump at the back on my achiles tendon, the pain is becoming worse, i tried to book a doc appointment today and have been given one for in 3 weeks time.

swimming seems to be aggravating it, any ideas? or good stretches for the ankles?

Replies

• ztor
    ztor Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've always had problems with my ankles and sometimes my achilles tendon flames up every now and then, however I haven't ever gotten a lump on either one of them. Usually when I get a flame up I ice them and this seems to help. I would definitely go to a doctor for their opinion though!
  • incylala
    incylala Posts: 4
    Options
    I've had problems with my achilles. The swelling is fluid and mine were dreadfully painful. Use voltarol gel if yours are sore, and go to docs like I did. Stretching them is the key. I had to stretch three times a day and always stretch them before exercise now. Mine are not perfect, but a lot better now. Good luck.
  • FionaHelen
    FionaHelen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thank you both, i have done more stretches this week, and although still very painful, much better now x