Good Ideas for Avacados?

Options
Hey! I am trying to like avacados...I can't get over the texture of an avacado! I like the taste, it's just something about the texture that throws me off!!

What are some good ideas how to incorporate avacado into my diet? Recipes would be great!

I thought about trying Whole Honey Wheat Bread with turkey, mayo, tomato, avacado, & sprouts. Does that sound good?

All suggestions/recipes welcome! :)

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Guacamole!
  • beachgirl10
    beachgirl10 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Actually I do: Chicken/roasted red peppers/laughing cow (light)/avocado/ whole weat bread :cooked in a panini sandwich machine! love it!
  • eyestylemom
    eyestylemom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If you mix the avocado with a tiny bit of mayo or laughing cow cheese wedge and mash it up to make it like a spread, you lose the "texture" You can put that on the sandwich instead of a more mayo. I will also mash it up and put it on toast with a tomato for breakfast. :) Cut up and put on top of lentils with a touch of light sour cream is incredible too. :) Enjoy
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    Throw a half of an avocado in a fruit smoothie! You do not taste it and it makes the smoothie nice and thick!

Try:

Frozen banana
    fresh pineapple
    Juice (I like Knudsens pineapple coconut)
    1/2 avocado

blend till smooth

it is a beautiful green color too!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! Lately i've been addicted to Corn thins (like rice cakes but a bit thinner) with sliced avocado and thinly (and i mean THINLY) sliced cucumbers and a touch of salt. mmmmmmmmmmm
  • NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    They are great for facials. Makes the skin amazingly soft.