Gonabfit's Random "Tips" for success!

Options
WARNING: This is going to be a long long post... So if you're busy you prob won't be able to read it all! .... but I wrote a list of my rules. And wanted to post it here... lol. hope you don't mind. Might have typo's I'm studying and rushed it!

GONABFIT's Random Tips for success:
*These are really to remind ME of what I am going to do to succeed!!! *
1. There is more than one way to judge success- I have not lost much weight. I am not at my goal... yet! BUT you know what there is more than one way to judge success! If you isolate your goal to only the scale you are sooooo likely to give up when you don't see the changes you want. If it takes me two years to reach my goal, will victory be any less sweet!? NOT IN MY OPINION! I will enjoy my goal weight WHENEVER I get it. and I will continue to work hard.
2. Focus more on your blessings than your disapointments- If you focus on the good in your life you will likely stay encouraged to keep going. Nothing good comes from focusing on negative things. Live, Learn, and move on!
3. Every decision brings you closer to or further from your goals- There is no single event that will bring you to your ultimate goal... so I am going to focus on each choice. Sleeping 8 hours brings me closer, pulling an all nighter leads me further from my goals. you get the point... :-)
4. Fiber, Fiber, Fiber- How can you ever lose weight if you never.... um.... get rid of waste. Enough said. LOL. Oh and also fiber helps weight loss. 25-35 grams.
5. Water it... and it will grow! - LOL seriously I have recently been drinking as much water as possible. The more water you drink the less you will eat to satisfy what is actually thirst.
6. Eat when you are hungry. Stop when you are satisfied... NOT FULL- I followed this rule 2 years ago and I seriously lost weight because I was not eating just because it was there. If I got hungry in 2 hours I ate. If I got hungry in 4 hours and started eating and quickly got full... I stopped eating.
7. IT IS NOT THE LAST SUPPER!!! - Seriously, sometimes we must remind ourselves that if you get "satisfied" in the middle of a meal, it is ok to STOP EATING!!!! It will be there when you get hungry again. And if someone is stealing your food.... hide it! lol!
8. SLEEP- the last time I lost weight and was really healthy I slept 7-8 hours a night. When you sleep your cortisol lowers, less stress hormone, less belly fat. You've seen the commercials! LOL- oh and I've oversimplified this. but these are the "rules" I'm going to use. :-D
9. Cardio + weights + flexibility- I am going to exercise WHENEVER I can. If it's a few squats while I am studying so be it. If its a 5 mile run while listening to a lecture... GREAT! I will do my best and then let it go. No point in focusing on how much more you could have done. Do your best and be done!
10. Believe, Act, Receive, a.k.a. You've got to see it, before you see it or you never will SEE it! - If you have no goal or can't even imagine how you will acheive your goal it is less likely that you will achieve it. BELIEVE you can do it, ACT- sometimes you have to step out in faith. even if you feel that you are too tired or busy to do another workout... workout anyway. because sometimes you have to do it whether you want to or not!, Receive it- If you refuse to give up you WILL eventually reach your goal!
11. Walk by faith not by sight- again... I trust God that the things I do are not in Vain. Every workout, ounce of sweat, tears, etc are bringing me that much closer to my goal. I have FAITH that my body is conspiring FOR me and that when I least expect it, my body will finally MELT the pounds off. and when that happens I will be SOOO proud that I kept the faith.
12. Exercise Early and often! The earlier the less likely I will get busy and feel that it is a burden :-D Because I actually LOVE workinf out... Endorphins are addictive!!!!
13. Never say negative things about yourself- YOUR BRAIN IS LISTENING!! ... and it believes everything it hears. So please, say nice things. you say you are a failure... and yes, you are a failure. You say, I am full of energy and I CAN finish this workout, eat healthy.... whatever, and watch how quickly your body listens to what you say!
14. ~*~There is no tomorrow~*~ Do it now, today, as soon as possible. You'd be surprised how quickly a day, week, month, year can slip by. You don't want the next 6 weeks to get here before tomorrow does... so If you want to eat healthy/ workout/ relax/ pray/ write in your journal... start right now, where you are. It's never too late to get started... :-) The time is NOW!
*Bonus*- I will never never never never give up! AND I am going to enjoy this journey and learn as much as possible from every struggle!

Replies

• gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    WARNING: This is going to be a long long post... So if you're busy you prob won't be able to read it all! .... but I wrote a list of my rules. And wanted to post it here... lol. hope you don't mind. Might have typo's I'm studying and rushed it!

GONABFIT's Random Tips for success:
    1. There is more than one way to judge success- I have not lost much weight. I am not at my goal... yet! BUT you know what there is more than one way to judge success! If you isolate your goal to only the scale you are sooooo likely to give up when you don't see the changes you want. If it takes me two years to reach my goal, will victory be any less sweet!? NOT IN MY OPINION! I will enjoy my goal weight WHENEVER I get it. and I will continue to work hard.
    2. Focus more on your blessings than your disapointments- If you focus on the good in your life you will likely stay encouraged to keep going. Nothing good comes from focusing on negative things. Live, Learn, and move on!
    3. Every decision brings you closer to or further from your goals- There is no single event that will bring you to your ultimate goal... so I am going to focus on each choice. Sleeping 8 hours brings me closer, pulling an all nighter leads me further from my goals. you get the point... :-)
    4. Fiber, Fiber, Fiber- How can you ever lose weight if you never.... um.... get rid of waste. Enough said. LOL. Oh and also fiber helps weight loss. 25-35 grams.
    5. Water it... and it will grow! - LOL seriously I have recently been drinking as much water as possible. The more water you drink the less you will eat to satisfy what is actually thirst.
    6. Eat when you are hungry. Stop when you are satisfied... NOT FULL- I followed this rule 2 years ago and I seriously lost weight because I was not eating just because it was there. If I got hungry in 2 hours I ate. If I got hungry in 4 hours and started eating and quickly got full... I stopped eating.
    7. IT IS NOT THE LAST SUPPER!!! - Seriously, sometimes we must remind ourselves that if you get "satisfied" in the middle of a meal, it is ok to STOP EATING!!!! It will be there when you get hungry again. And if someone is stealing your food.... hide it! lol!
    8. SLEEP- the last time I lost weight and was really healthy I slept 7-8 hours a night. When you sleep your cortisol lowers, less stress hormone, less belly fat. You've seen the commercials! LOL- oh and I've oversimplified this. but these are the "rules" I'm going to use. :-D
    9. Cardio + weights + flexibility- I am going to exercise WHENEVER I can. If it's a few squats while I am studying so be it. If its a 5 mile run while listening to a lecture... GREAT! I will do my best and then let it go. No point in focusing on how much more you could have done. Do your best and be done!
    10. Believe, Act, Receive, a.k.a. You've got to see it, before you see it or you never will SEE it! - If you have no goal or can't even imagine how you will acheive your goal it is less likely that you will achieve it. BELIEVE you can do it, ACT- sometimes you have to step out in faith. even if you feel that you are too tired or busy to do another workout... workout anyway. because sometimes you have to do it whether you want to or not!, Receive it- If you refuse to give up you WILL eventually reach your goal!
    11. Walk by faith not by sight- again... I trust God that the things I do are not in Vain. Every workout, ounce of sweat, tears, etc are bringing me that much closer to my goal. I have FAITH that my body is conspiring FOR me and that when I least expect it, my body will finally MELT the pounds off. and when that happens I will be SOOO proud that I kept the faith.
    12. Exercise Early and often! The earlier the less likely I will get busy and feel that it is a burden :-D Because I actually LOVE workinf out... Endorphins are addictive!!!!
    13. Never say negative things about yourself- YOUR BRAIN IS LISTENING!! ... and it believes everything it hears. So please, say nice things. you say you are a failure... and yes, you are a failure. You say, I am full of energy and I CAN finish this workout, eat healthy.... whatever, and watch how quickly your body listens to what you say!
    14. ~*~There is no tomorrow~*~ Do it now, today, as soon as possible. You'd be surprised how quickly a day, week, month, year can slip by. You don't want the next 6 weeks to get here before tomorrow does... so If you want to eat healthy/ workout/ relax/ pray/ write in your journal... start right now, where you are. It's never too late to get started... :-) The time is NOW!
    *Bonus*- I will never never never never give up! AND I am going to enjoy this journey and learn as much as possible from every struggle!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    So many of these apply to me!!!!
    I think I need to print this and read it daily.
    Thanks Tiff!! :flowerforyou:
  • gonabfit
    Options
    Thanks! Oh and add

15. 15. Love yourself now, forever, and always- We get one shot at life and I would hate to look back and realize that I've spent most of my life disliking the one constant person in my life! :-) You are beautiful, you are unique, and YOU DESERVE HAPPINESS. Deep deep happiness. Pure Joy that makes you look forward to each day.

It wouldn't let me add this one!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Then we'll add it this way :wink:

GONABFIT's Random Tips for Success:

15. Love yourself now, forever, and always- We get one shot at life and I would hate to look back and realize that I've spent most of my life disliking the one constant person in my life! :-) You are beautiful, you are unique, and YOU DESERVE HAPPINESS. Deep deep happiness. Pure Joy that makes you look forward to each day.

• gonabfit
    Options
    Thanks LOL! I should've been able tp come up with that! But I have a ONE track mind during my test weeks!! LOL Ask my sis! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Have a Marvelous Monday!:bigsmile: :blushing:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    AMEN!:flowerforyou:

15. Love yourself now, forever, and always- We get one shot at life and I would hate to look back and realize that I've spent most of my life disliking the one constant person in my life! :-) You are beautiful, you are unique, and YOU DESERVE HAPPINESS. Deep deep happiness. Pure Joy that makes you look forward to each day.
  • gonabfit
    Options
    Thankss IvyKivy! i hope at least a few ppl find this helpful :-)
  • nterandy
    nterandy Posts: 4
    Options
    What a motivating post! I need to print this up and read it DAILY!! Great great advice you have given to yourself and to us

Everything you stated is very true. Everything adds up and matters- losing weight is not just an isolated thing, all the other stuff you mentioned factor in and are very important to make your life as great and fulfilled as possible
  • nterandy
    nterandy Posts: 4
    Options

[/quote]
  • gonabfit
    Options
    my reminder :)
  • njones422004
    njones422004 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love your tips, so motivational and yet so true. Thank you for sharing your beliefs, wisdom and encouraging others.

I just joined today and already love this site. The people are wonderful!

God Bless Everyone and think positive!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :smile:
  • gonabfit
    Options
    Thank you! I am glad you found these tips helpful!