Last 10 Pounds

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to lose those stubborn last 10 pounds. Five years ago I dropped 40 pounds but have gained back 10 over the past few months. These are purely vanity pounds, but I want them gone.

I recently heard on a Jillian Michaels podcast that I should be eating 1200 calories a day. MyFitnessPal is also telling me this. However, I work out in the morning six days a week and I've usually eaten about 1000 calories before I leave work for the day. I do 30 minutes of strength training (NROLFW) Mon, Wed, Fri and cardio (swimming, walking, elliptical, etc.) on Tues, Thurs and Saturday. Sunday is a rest day.

If I stick to 1200 calories a day (all clean foods, lots of protein, high fiber, lots of veggies, etc.) I am STARVING. There is no way I can stick to this without becoming irritable or feeling like I'm going to pass out.

I've set my calories to 1500 a day but I'm still not losing.

Any advice?

Replies

• ancl123
    ancl123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    DId you find something that worked? I am in similar predicament.
  • ancl123
    ancl123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am sorry I havent written. I havent been on here in awhile. Just had baby 3 and am back to trying to loose weight. Did you find something that worked. I think 1200 plus adding back part or all of the exercise calories may help. HArd to say I am still fighting battle of the buldge so I dont know if I should be giving advice. Gets depressing wish I was naturally skinny.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1200 really isn't much... I'd try http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ with a 15% deficit, or 10%, and make sure you weigh everything you eat.

It might be hard though, if you look anywhere like your avatar picture, as I can't see where you would have 10 lbs to lose.
  • calialexandra
    Options
    I am 10 pounds above my picture weight :)