Newbie in 2nd week of MFP

Options
I started with the local bariatric doctor in 2010 after trying unsuccessfully to lose weight on my own by joining the gym, which I half-heartedly attended. I managed to lose from 388 to 363 on my own before I gave up. My family asked me what I wanted for Christmas that year, and I half-jokingly said, "Gift certificates to The Fat Dr". Amazingly enough, they actually listened, and I got my certificate. I decided to do it for my birthday on Jan 21st of that year. I weighed in @ 368 lbs in his office that day. He did a complete blood panel and ekg and made me an appointment to come backt he next week. Everything checked out with the work up so I began my program the next week. I was not interested in having surgery, so settled on a diet plan and quickly set my mind to do it or die. After 8 months I had dropped an amazing 98 lbs. I felt amazing and noticed things about my body that I had never seen before. I could do things I had never done. Shortly after reaching that point I lost my job and could no longer afford the visits to the Dr. I did well until September of last year, at which point I slacked and started putting on weight. I made a visit back to the "Fat Dr" but failed to follow the program and continued down the failing path I had stumbled onto and gained even more. In Jan of this year I began to feel fat and miserable again, which was a feeling I was way to familiar with.I tried to blame it on other things. Finally on Thursday 2/16/12 I had taken it as long as I could. I called the Drs office and made an appointment for the same day. I weighed in at 285.1 lbs, which was 30+ lbs from my lowest weight while on the program. I spent 35 to 40 minutes talking with my doctor and assured both him and myself that I was once again ready for the challenge. My Dr told me he wanted me to keep a food journal ( I laughed, and he said "No, really, I want you to right down ever thing you eat or drink."). I started looking for Apps on my phone to keep a food journal and ran across MFP. I downloaded it and started using it faithfully, every day. I've followed my diet to the letter and exercised every other day as suggested by a very healthy friend. Tomorrow is my 2 week weigh in with "The Fat Dr". I have been very strict on myself and am anxious to see how well I've done. I am so thankful for MFP, it has truly helped to keep me honest.

Replies

• kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: welcome! this is a good app and the community is great!
    feel free to add.