I'm pretty sure this isn't right...

Options
I bought a HRM (polar F6) the other day and tried it out. before using the elliptical it said my HR was around 90, after a couple minutes of exercise it jumped up to 170, then a couple minutes later it was down to 40? then within seconds up to 190. a couple times I caught it at 0 (which I'm pretty sure would mean I was dead lol) It would linger around 180-190 for a couple minutes then drop drastically, without changing the intensity or pace, then shoot back up. I adjusted the strap once (it felt a little tight) but it continued to do this. Can anyone help me figure this one out??

Replies

• allie5199
    allie5199 Posts: 240
    Options
    I bought a HRM (polar F6) the other day and tried it out. before using the elliptical it said my HR was around 90, after a couple minutes of exercise it jumped up to 170, then a couple minutes later it was down to 40? then within seconds up to 190. a couple times I caught it at 0 (which I'm pretty sure would mean I was dead lol) It would linger around 180-190 for a couple minutes then drop drastically, without changing the intensity or pace, then shoot back up. I adjusted the strap once (it felt a little tight) but it continued to do this. Can anyone help me figure this one out??
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    mine has done what you describe a few times before, and it was usually a strap issue.. mine was too loose...

also, make sure you wet the leads...

since you have an F6 you shouldn't be getting interference from others...

if it continues I'd contact Polar..

good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    also, make sure you wet the leads...

I've had this issue too if the leads aren't properly connecting (dry).
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have an F11 but I too will have this problem if the strap is too loose or the leads are wet enough.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with mine at first, it SEEMS to be fine now(knock on wood as i'm about to go hop on my treadmill in a few)

Not sure what the issue was with mine, sorry i can't help more, but just wanted to let you know you aren't the only person that has issues with it.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    yep, make sure you get good contact with the chest strap, and keep it wet