30 day shred v ripped. Advice please

Options
Hi there
I am from the uk and hadn't heard of Jillian Michaels before joining here. I have been reading posts and seeing pictures from people on here with fantastic results after doing one of her DVDs. Good old Amazon has her DVDs. Which would you recommend and why? I doubt I can commit to 30 days in a row as I have small kids and a dog (and hubby) so not much me time, but intend to try for 3 times a week. I know that wouldn't give such fast results. I go to a circuits class and Zumba each week or a dvd at home well as walking dog, so getting fitter than I was, but a long way to go I have around 35 lbs to shift. (no lectures please about finding time for this....just your thoughts on the DVD)
Cheers!

Replies

• MrsTattie
    MrsTattie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    No-one at all??
  • polegirl23
    polegirl23 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I'm also from the UK and have all of the Jillian Michaels DVD's that are available over here. I got them all from Amazon and my faves are 'No More Trouble Zones' and 'Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism'.

The '30 Day Shed' is a good DVD as you get three 25 min workouts so you can work your way up through them (this was the first Jillian DVD that I tried and I still go back to it sometimes if I want a quick workout). I got my 'Ripped in 30' in a twin pack with 'Killer Buns and Thighs' for about £10ish which I think was a great deal as you get 7 workouts in total between the 2 disks (about 40 mins each), however I would say that they're slightly more challenging than 30DS. '6 Week 6 Pack' is another one of my earlier ones and I do still enjoy this one too!

I've never followed the programmes strictly as I prefer to alternate DVD's rather than do the same one evewry day but I've still had great results. For the prices that they are on Amazon I'd recommend getting several Jillian Michaels DVD's and experimenting with them to see which are your faves, you won't regret it!! :)

Good luck!!
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I have 30DS and 6W6P and you will get a good workout from either. I'd suggest doing the shred first - it's the best way to ease yourself into the Jillian-way, and it's quick!

Have fun!
  • ashtonscoggins
    ashtonscoggins Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    ^ what she said :) Id try getting as many as you can and seeing which ones work for you cause they always give great results!!
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    If you are jusr getting one, get 30 day shred. Definitely the one to start off on. :)
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I did day 9 of the 30 day shred today. Been doing levels 1 and 2 back to back these last two days in preparation for switching to level 2 and it's definately a hard workout but I like the fact that it is fast. I have to, well, prefer to get it done when my 1yr old is napping so a good 20 min. workout is perfect for me. I can already feel the difference in both my endurance and my body. I feel like I am getting stronger. I would reccomend it to anyone looking for a quick workout that you can feel.
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm from the UK too and am a Jillian convert. I started with the Shred and then moved onto Ripped which is slightly more challenging IMO. I then got 6 week 6 pack and then No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabalism. I love them all - the hardest is NMTZ I find. I would say start with the Shred and see how you go! At the moment I'm redoing Ripped and when I have more time (ie at the weekends) I'll do either NMTZ or BFBM!
  • MrsTattie
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Spring is in the air and I feel very motivated just now. It is good to hear fist hand what folk think about these DVDs. Thanks to the internet! Right, off to exercise my fingers and hubby's credit card! That willbe at LEAST 200 calories burnt off haha.
  • MrsTattie
    Options
    I eventually got "Ripped in 30 days" as it came in a box set with "Killer bums and thighs" and I did it this morning! Not really sure how it is going to fit in as the kids did wake up. What a work out! There are some "American terms" like "tush" but it is really like having someone in the room with you! Great start to the day! I maybe should take pics...... Thanks for advice folks!