For all my ZUMBA LOVERS

Options

Replies

• tjortegon
    tjortegon Posts: 26
    Options
    im starting zumba today!
    You're going to get hooked check back with me in a few weeks I would love to hear your story....
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!! I can't tell you how much I've lost from it, because I do other things also, but it is fun and gets me moving so always a good thing! I started with Zumba Gold, because that's what my gym offers at the time I can go. The last few weeks I've gone to a regular Zumba class at another gym, once a week. We had a Zumbathon at my Y last week and that was a lot of fun! Starting this week they will have Zumba 3 days a week, so looking forward to that! I know I look crazy doing it, but I don't care!
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!

It's kept me in good shape through my pregnancy - yeah I'm the pregnant girl in the Zumba class, LOL :)
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I take 5 Zumba classes a week...along with other classes, anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Have been doing zumba for a year now(only exercise ive ever stuck to more than a month) Went from a size 14/16 to a 2/4. Lost 25 pounds and lots of inches. my back fat is gone too. thats my fav nsv. ive done the 2010, got last years 2011 dvds with the shakey weights, and now have the wii 2 one. even if im tired i still do some songs on the wii. i know i can stop and go whenever i want. i always tell people about it. absolutely love it.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of Zumba before mid-January. Went to a Zumbathon--and was ADDICTED immediately!! Lost weight at the beginning but now it seems like I'm bouncing back-n-forth on the same 7 pounds. I think I'm ready to try the next size down!!
  • ilovereese13
    Options
    I go to Zumba as many times a week as my schedule allows and absolutely LOVE IT!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I go twice a week...LOVE IT!!! But Im not able to get there more than that...Im debating on getting Zumba 2 for the wii...is it worth it? I think part of why I love it is the music (well I know that part) and also the group setting...Im afraid me alone in my living room will not cut it...any thoughts??? Oh, and Im not losing lbs..but some inches...and people are noticing!! (more than I am seeing it)

GET IT NOW!!!!!!:laugh: It tells how long youve worked out, how many calories, what percentage you are coordinated so you can see your improvement, you can pick one of ten routine for short, medium, long classes. you can create your own. you can also do individual songs too. its awesome. if you couldnt tell, i like zumba just a bit.:laugh:
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba.....I have been doing it for a few months now. I do classes a few times a month, but mostly I do it from youtube (videos of Zumba classes)....I get to pick and choose the songs I like and make a playlist that I can change up every so often. I have been losing inches and pounds!
  • Joj43
    Joj43 Posts: 54
    Options
    My week would not be complete without my 3 zumba classes!!! I have being doing it for nearly 2 years now and still love it as much as I did after my first class :heart: I've lost some weight and inches but more importantly, my cardio fitness has improved out of sight!! I'm hooked :bigsmile:
  • RobbieKCPhT
    RobbieKCPhT Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I tried Zumba, it was really fun... HOWEVER I am so not coordinated for it, me and my sister looked like dorks! LOL.

I'm clearly not coordinated enough for Zumba. I try to do it at home too, however, its not so easy to Zumba on carpeted floors. :( Darn good workout tho! Glad I don't have mirrors in my rec room, cuz I'd probably laugh myself thin!
  • sharibob3
    sharibob3 Posts: 180
    Options
    I am addicted to Zumba.. I do Zumba 5 days a week and can't seem to get enough. I have lost 41 pounds thanks to Zumba!! :-) B
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!! Started going 1-2 times a week in Sept, love my instructor, she makes it so much fun! I have lost 58 pounds so far and lots of inches.
  • Amor1516
    Amor1516 Posts: 19
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba for a little over a week, about 4 to 5 times with 2 of them being Zumba toning and the scale has not moved but I have lost 1.5" on my waist. I <3 Zumba !!!!!! hopefully the scale will start to move :(
  • lonestarlada
    lonestarlada Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Went to my first class this past Thursday, my second class this past Friday, and today (Sat.) my third. Can't wait to go tomorrow!

I think I'm hooked.

I just focus on the music and tune everything else out, and the hour is quickly over. I had wanted to try this for months, but felt too self-conscious (you know, walking into a class and being the fattest person there, and then doing all those moves), but I decided that I'd keep being self-conscious unless I got off my derrière and did more cardio. I've been running a lot, but it's tough when you're carrying so much weight, so while I'm still running, I do enjoy this better because the calorie burn is awesome and it's less painful than running.
  • healthymel7704
    Options
    I love, love, love it!! I tried it a few weeks ago after my friend had been asking for 5 or 6 months and I finally gave in. I'm so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone.
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I tried Zumba, it was really fun... HOWEVER I am so not coordinated for it, me and my sister looked like dorks! LOL.

I'm clearly not coordinated enough for Zumba. I try to do it at home too, however, its not so easy to Zumba on carpeted floors. :( Darn good workout tho! Glad I don't have mirrors in my rec room, cuz I'd probably laugh myself thin!

I'm not all that coordinated, but it's so much fun I just don't care. I still go to class and laugh at myself when I do something silly . . . like hit myself in the head with my hand or trip up.
  • jwpe
    jwpe Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Teaching my first Zumba class tomorrow.....very nervous!!!
  • sweetdreamz6700
    Options
    My schedule doesn't allow me time to go to an actual class but I have Zumba 2 for the Wii and LOVE it! Its the only form of excersise I actually enjoy and stick with. I've slacked a lot the past few weeks so my new goal is at least 45 min. 3 times a week, more if I have time.
    I hadn't seen any results, lbs or inches, in the 2 months I really worked hard at it. I did notice that my upper abs seemed a bit more toned. So I'm trying to increase my calorie intake slightly to see if that makes a difference. I just got my computer back up and running so hoping to be on the site more. Any other Zumba addicts please add me for motivation! I can use all the help I can get! :D

And on that note.....going to switch out laundry and then Zumba while my clothes dry ;)
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba, I started three weeks ago. I wasn't so sure the first class, the second I had this spirtutual awakening. I really felt like I came close to God. Sounds silly but it was just wonderful, words can't describe it! Yep, every Saturday morning I wake up early and go and I L-O-V-E it! I would love to do it at home.

Any suggestions on what I would get to do it at home? I have a wii.