Am I doing it right?

Angel73681
Angel73681 Posts: 5
edited September 18 in Fitness and Exercise
:grumble: I have been starting to do crunches but I need to know if I am doing them right. :grumble:

Lately I have been noticing a pain (Not like a pinch or sharp but a regular pain) inder my breasts. I thought crunches were to target the lower part of your abs? That is where I need to work on , (lower abs, stomach and hips.) I just would like to know if this is normal when first starting on this. I remember my mom telling me that if you feel the muscles practiclly vibrating as you are working out- which I certianly do- that I am doing them right, but I am not sure and I do not want to damage, hurt, etc. anything. But if I am doing them wrong please let me know.

Also, if there is a link of how to do them right as well as if there are being any exercises for my targetting areas.

:flowerforyou: I appreciate anything and everything. :flowerforyou:
xoxo Erica xoxo

Replies

• :grumble: I have been starting to do crunches but I need to know if I am doing them right. :grumble:

Lately I have been noticing a pain (Not like a pinch or sharp but a regular pain) inder my breasts. I thought crunches were to target the lower part of your abs? That is where I need to work on , (lower abs, stomach and hips.) I just would like to know if this is normal when first starting on this. I remember my mom telling me that if you feel the muscles practiclly vibrating as you are working out- which I certianly do- that I am doing them right, but I am not sure and I do not want to damage, hurt, etc. anything. But if I am doing them wrong please let me know.

Also, if there is a link of how to do them right as well as if there are being any exercises for my targetting areas.

:flowerforyou: I appreciate anything and everything. :flowerforyou:
    xoxo Erica xoxo
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    crunches work your upper abs mostly - at least on me - the lower abs can be worked with leg lifts - or you can lift your legs at 90 degrees (or lower if you want to work more) while doing crunches and get both.

Is the pain right between your ribs, under the sternum? That's where I feel it.
  • That is exactly where I feel it. Glad to know that I am not the only one. hehe

thanks for the advice.:flowerforyou:

xoxo Erica xoxo
This discussion has been closed.