I got sick today...

Options
So normally i do a 50 minute bike ride and a jillian michael dvd a day. Roughly 60 mins to 80 mins a day....For the most part. For the last few weeks/months....Yesterday i started c25k which was a half hr, i was sweating as bad as i would be doing a jillian video. Bad. It was my only excersise yesterday. Then today i got up ate breakfast, strawberrys and cottage cheese. Did the jillian michaeld dvd, 30 mins....worked up a dripping sweat, decided to do day 2 of c25k. 30 mins.... Came home, had a 110 cal protien shake. Little while longer had a grapefruit. Then was hungry, very hungry...unnaturally hungry, so had 5 crackers and a cheese wedge. Started getting faint feeling, so made a pb and j, feeling the need for carbs....and threw up. For the rest of the day today, ive been very tired and starving. My husband made me eat a whopper jr at lunch, and i felt better. But still starving, and have been wanting sugar and carbs.....which is so wierd, ive lost 95 lbs on my own, without much excersise, and dont get this hungry......and this excersising is somewhat new, did i over excert myself.? Not eat enough? Any thoughts.

Might i add i was dripping sweat before it was all done and over with...my head was soaked....my workout pants r still wet from 9 hrs ago.

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    If you haven't been exercising, it wouldn't surprise me if your body just needs some time to get used to it. Might want to ease into a bit more.

Be careful to stay hydrated, too. If you're exercising that much and sweating that much you might want to drink a bit more than you normally do.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Well ive been pretty hard core for two months! Well hard core for me! Consistant! Just never ran. I drink a gallon of water a day! But thanks for the advice, i will see how i feel tomorrow if i get a chance to do it again! I felt fine, until a few hrs after! Got mad weak..and HUNGRY!!!! And need i remind...sick!
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    When I increased my workouts, I had to increase my daily calories because I was feeling light headed each day. In addition, if I overexert on a run, or run too soon after eating, my stomach just gets sick and I can't eat and I just feel awful tor hours. Never thrown up though. But it could be some combination going on for you...
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I know that when I switch my workout up--a good thing--I have to take it a little easy at first. I have a tendency to want to pass out if put the same amount of effort that I usually have into a new activity.
  • Reckabek
    Options
    Yeah. I know that when I switch my workout up--a good thing--I have to take it a little easy at first. I have a tendency to want to pass out if put the same amount of effort that I usually have into a new activity.

Makes sense. Just weird cause i can ride a bike 8 miles or 50 mins, no biggy but train to run, by walking with short intervals of running, for 30 mins and im sweating bullets...crazy!
  • Reckabek
    Options
    When I increased my workouts, I had to increase my daily calories because I was feeling light headed each day. In addition, if I overexert on a run, or run too soon after eating, my stomach just gets sick and I can't eat and I just feel awful tor hours. Never thrown up though. But it could be some combination going on for you...

Ya ive been practicing on upping my calories, i wasnt doing it for the longest and was at a plateau, so been trying..
  • Reckabek
    Options
    Figured id do the same excersises today but not back to back like yesterday