You can hate me if you like, but Wasa crackers suck =(

Options
Phoenix_Rising
Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
I bought some of these this weekend, along with Babybel Lights because I have been hearing about this combo almost as much as I hear about how wonderful hummus is (and I love hummus).

I think I got the Fiber Rye.
WASAFIBERRYEIMG.JPG

Sooo not impressed. As I opened them, I thought they looked just like cardboard, but this didn't bother me much. I learned long ago not to let looks give me any preconceived notions about the taste of my food. I cut up a little wheel of Babybel Light, sharing with my 3 year old, who is a little cheese stealing mouse, placing the cheese on the crisp. The cheese, which I wasn't that taken with either, was the only thing that made the crisp tolerable.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was so hoping to love this new snack but alas, it's not meant to be.
I will give it another try, see if my taste buds were perhaps out of sorts.

Can anyone tell me other things they put atop their Wasa crisps? I hate to waste those expensive slabs of cardboard.

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    I bought some of these this weekend, along with Babybel Lights because I have been hearing about this combo almost as much as I hear about how wonderful hummus is (and I love hummus).

I think I got the Fiber Rye.
    WASAFIBERRYEIMG.JPG

Sooo not impressed. As I opened them, I thought they looked just like cardboard, but this didn't bother me much. I learned long ago not to let looks give me any preconceived notions about the taste of my food. I cut up a little wheel of Babybel Light, sharing with my 3 year old, who is a little cheese stealing mouse, placing the cheese on the crisp. The cheese, which I wasn't that taken with either, was the only thing that made the crisp tolerable.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was so hoping to love this new snack but alas, it's not meant to be.
    I will give it another try, see if my taste buds were perhaps out of sorts.

Can anyone tell me other things they put atop their Wasa crisps? I hate to waste those expensive slabs of cardboard.
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    I do a tuna melt with them for lunch.
  • oatmealie
    oatmealie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I put spread the herb laughing cow on them. Or cashew butter!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Put hummus on it...and maybe some grilled red peppers....
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    You speak the truth. They taste like what I would imagine Masonite would taste like and don't even get me started on the texture. Use them to shingle the roof!

Try Ak Mok Crakers, they are nutritious and delicious. I can get them just about anywhere.

Note: the serving size is 5 crackers, and the "board" they come in is 4 crackers. They may be the only product on the planet where the serving size on the box is larger than what you would imagine a serving to be.
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Ak Mok Crakers and light cream cheese. These crackers are whole wheat with sesame in them. They taste good on their own. I got tired of spending a lot of money on the laughing cow so I switched over to light cream cheese. Just as satisfying for me, but way cheaper.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Okay, tuna melts and hummus.... if I leave those sitting on the crisp for a while, they might make it melt down into saggy cardboard, which might improve the taste.... No, probably not. :ohwell: I'll try both however. They might mask the taste better.

DoThompson, AkMok you say? I will look for those on my next adventure at the grocery store.

Breezy, thank you for the suggestion to switch from Laughing Cow to light cream cheese. Laughing Cow is great but it IS pricey. I'd be just as happy with good old cream cheese. :love:
  • vhoffman
    vhoffman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The only ones I like are the oat. I think the texture is different than the others - firmer and more crunchy. Give them a try.