Saving up for a pig out...wrong or no problem?

Options
Just today.....this isn't a habit and i get the "starvation" thing BUT TODAY I made myself endure two session on the death machine (elliptical) and skipped lunch so I can pig out with college buddy tonight...is that wrong???

Replies

• Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I do that! If i know im doing something naughty that day, i will eat as little as possible, but still eat work out and get busy when time is right! Idk if its wrong but it works for me!
  • mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    No harm done at all! Starvation is not something that can happen in a day - do not worry about it. I under eat six days a week so that I can have one awesome day. Many people on MFP do this successfully. They key is to make sure that your pig out is not more calories than you have been saving up.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't abuse it, I think most will say it's healthy. Not saying pigging out on junk food and stuff like that is healthy, but it gives your body a bit of a shock. It gets use to the calorie deficit, but then get's the extra calories and allowing the metabolism to cut loose a little. Enjoy!:wink:
  • nicolasara
    Options
    I do it almost every week :) always have lunch at my mother-in-laws on a Sunday, and feel rude turning down that extra potato or slice of cake. So I make sure I'm under all week and then don't worry about what I have on a Sunday. Works fine for me :)