Salad Dressings?

Options

Replies

• mathiasg
    mathiasg Posts: 32
    Options
    Hey there. Also a huge fan of the Newman's Own Lite Basalmic.

The Tzatziki sounds like a great idea. Where do you purchase that? Is it in a certain section at the grocery?

Quote:

I know its not considered a salad dressing, but I've been using Tzatziki a lot lately in my salads. Nom Nom!

Presdient's Choice Blue Menu - Traditional Tzatziki, 2 Tbsp (30g) Calories:30 Carbs: 2 Fat: 2 Protein: 1 Fiber: 0 Sodium: 105
    *edit to add numbers!*
    Edited by inchestopinch on Wed 02/29/12 03:50 PM
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I love Newman's Light Honey Mustard Dressing!
    Only 35 cals for a TBSP.
  • Alisi1234
    Alisi1234 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just found a light california for 15 cals per tbsp!
    And I also use freshly squeezed lemon!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    my faves are -
    kraft free caesar italian
    ff ranch - LOVE the target brand (market pantry)
    newman's own light honey mustard
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I don't use dressing. Just crumble feta over an entire salad. YUM!!!
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Try Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressings. I use the ranch, thousand island and bleu cheese dressings. They have 45 calories for 2 tbsp and taste DELISH! They are usually found in the produce department in the dressing cooler. I also use the Safeway sesame ginger spritzer...YUM!

This ^ and Ken's Northern Italian w/ basil and Romano
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I love Paul Newman's Light Sesame Ginger Dressing! It's perfect on an Asian Chicken Salad!
  • Porcelain1981
    Porcelain1981 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If I'm going super low, I'll just use vinegar sparingly and no oil (i.e. cider vinegar or sherry and balsamic are good if you don't want too much savory). The secret to going with just the vinegar and still making it taste good it what else you put in the salad i.e: nuts, fruit (grapes, papaya, melon), roasted vegetables

Or I really really really like homemade lemon & poppy seed dressing:
    1 cup yoghurt (soy or dairy)
    2 tbsps lemon juice
    2tbsps honey
    1 tsp poppy seeds

Takes 5 mins, lasts up to 5 days and makes roughly 18 tablespoons at 16 cals tablespoon (when made with soya yoghurt).
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I like Ken's Low Fat Oil and Videngar and Ken's Low Fat Honey Mustard. I also really like Newman's Low Fat Caesar dressing <-- so good!
  • inchestopinch
    inchestopinch Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Also a huge fan of the Newman's Own Lite Basalmic.

The Tzatziki sounds like a great idea. Where do you purchase that? Is it in a certain section at the grocery?

Quote:

I know its not considered a salad dressing, but I've been using Tzatziki a lot lately in my salads. Nom Nom!

Presdient's Choice Blue Menu - Traditional Tzatziki, 2 Tbsp (30g) Calories:30 Carbs: 2 Fat: 2 Protein: 1 Fiber: 0 Sodium: 105
    *edit to add numbers!*
    Edited by inchestopinch on Wed 02/29/12 03:50 PM

I get it in the deli section at our grocery store (well beside the deli section) where they have different pre-made dips and such! There are lots of recipes online to make it yourself if you wanted
  • mtretter
    mtretter Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I take whatever kind of dressing I like, but use only half mixed with cider or wine vinegar. The dressings I like are the creamy type but too thick for my taste so the thinning with vinegar make it easier to coat the lettuce and I use less that way. Since I'm the only one in the house that needs to watch his weight, this way we don't have to buy a bunch of different dressings .
  • rtbrwinter
    Options
    Walden Farms makes a zero calorie dressing. It's my new favorite...I've tried the bacon ranch and the honey mustard. So far, I've really been enjoying them and the best part: NO CALORIES!!!! I also just picked up their new Peanut Butter Spread today (also has 0 calories) so I'll be trying that out tonight and see how I like it.
  • YennaBean
    YennaBean Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have had so many different dressings, and I don't like any of them as much as I do ranch, it sucks! So I usually just use a serving size of ranch, no matter how big my salad is. Lol :tongue:
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    the spritzer ranch is good and the raspberry walnut vinaigrette is yummy....or wish bone light ranch is only 40 calories per serving (2 table spoons)
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms makes a zero calorie dressing. It's my new favorite...I've tried the bacon ranch and the honey mustard. So far, I've really been enjoying them and the best part: NO CALORIES!!!! I also just picked up their new Peanut Butter Spread today (also has 0 calories) so I'll be trying that out tonight and see how I like it.

where did u find the peanut butter
  • TracyTucci
    Options
    The Sweet Onion Sauce Dressing at Subway. Oh how i wish i could find some in the store!!
  • dlielke
    dlielke Posts: 1
    Options
    Trader Joe's Creamy Cilantro is 45 cals. per 2 tbs. serving and has big flavor!
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    I love lemon and a little bit of olive oil..... YUMMY!! :)
  • rtbrwinter
    Options
    Surprisingly they had it had Walmart in the Peanut Butter section.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options

YES! I enjoy some of their dressings as well. Maple Grove Farms and Ken's are high on my list as well.