wraps

Options
I have a friend who is a distributor for myitworks
.com just curious as to everyone's opinions. I'm debating it to supplement my diet and exercise regimen to help shrink BA k my waist

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I doubt it works. You can't spot reduce your waist. It may help it look more toned temporarily but it won't actually do anything for fat loss. At most you'll lose water weight but gain that back pretty quickly.

Just another fad designed to make money.
  • EbS29044
    EbS29044 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you did the wrap or not. I had it done 2 weeks ago and the same night lost 3 inches overall. By the end of the 72 hours after I lost an additional 3 inches. It does work, but don't know if I want to spend another 30 dollars to do it again!!!
    Erika-
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is a distributor for myitworks
    .com just curious as to everyone's opinions. I'm debating it to supplement my diet and exercise regimen to help shrink BA k my waist

Quackery
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you did the wrap or not. I had it done 2 weeks ago and the same night lost 3 inches overall. By the end of the 72 hours after I lost an additional 3 inches. It does work, but don't know if I want to spend another 30 dollars to do it again!!!
    Erika-

Was the result permanent? What's the science behind them?

I get very concerned when I see sites making statements like:

"Shop for herbal body wrap kits & formulas for weight loss, tightening skin, body detoxification and cellulite reduction."

It seems "detoxification" is a word that has some magical properties that turn otherwise normally intelligent people into gullible morons (don't mean to be harsh but someone has to say it). If you combine herbal, natural & detox in the same sentence the response is positively Pavlovian but rather than salivating people suspend all critical thinking and reach for their credit cards.
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It doesn't make inches disappear! That claim is totally bogus.

If you want to try it anyway--it's great for your skin!--get some bentonite clay and aromatic oils from your health food store and make your own wrap (you can find a ton of recipes online). This way you pay a fraction of what a snake oil distributor would charge you.
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Im a distributor for it works...and didn't become one until I had seen the results and permanently. I've lose 70 lbs and over 24 inches using wraps and supplements. I use thermofit everyday and wraps twice a month to help with skin issues. I love it. If anyone is interested in ordering feel free to let me know. I suggest you use them... and if you sign up as a loyal customer its not $30 a wrap .. its a little under $15 a wrap. Everything is all natural.

Hope that answers your questions.
  • BrianSharpe
    Options
    Im a distributor for it works...and didn't become one until I had seen the results and permanently. I've lose 70 lbs and over 24 inches using wraps and supplements. I use thermofit everyday and wraps twice a month to help with skin issues. I love it. If anyone is interested in ordering feel free to let me know. I suggest you use them... and if you sign up as a loyal customer its not $30 a wrap .. its a little under $15 a wrap. Everything is all natural.

Hope that answers your questions.

The plural of anecdote is not data, show me some science.......all natural (here we go again) arsenic is natural but it's not good for you.

What else did you do to lose the 70 lbs?
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    What else did you do to lose the 70 lbs?

Oh dear! What an indelicate question! :laugh:
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I kept my calories under 1500. Thats about it. I truly do despise exercise, so theres not much of that on any sort of regular basis.
  • BrianSharpe
    Options
    I kept my calories under 1500. Thats about it. I truly do despise exercise, so theres not much of that on any sort of regular basis.

So it was the reduced calories that brought about the weight loss. The reason I asked was that in your original post it sounded like you were attributing the weight loss to using the wraps (which you also sell), while they may be relaxing and good for your skin it's scientifically impossible for them to have any impact on fat loss.
  • EbS29044
    EbS29044 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I see the debate is on about the wraps, I think now it is kinda bogus. The last two months I have been doing Weight Watchers and have lost 20 pounds. This may sound like alot, but I still have a ways to go. I did not take the supplements that go with the wraps, so I'm not sure about those, but I think the healthy thing to do is to see a doctor, and get on the weight watchers band wagon.. Good luck, and remember, there is no quick fix!