anyone else take a week off

Options
Well I have not workout for a week nor have I completly watched what I ate. I didn't go overboard but I did endulge into some cake for my birthday and some chocolates that I received I did share them so that I would not eat them all myself. But I only turn 30 once so just finished my cardio for the day and feel so much better that I did not continue with my week off because it is so easy just to stop doin it. I did see a pound extra on the scale so that made me work out harder today gotta continue with what I am doin. I have a goal to be a size ten by summer so I am getting my butt in gear. To everyone that took a few days off get up and get goin again!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!

Replies

• jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    Well I have not workout for a week nor have I completly watched what I ate. I didn't go overboard but I did endulge into some cake for my birthday and some chocolates that I received I did share them so that I would not eat them all myself. But I only turn 30 once so just finished my cardio for the day and feel so much better that I did not continue with my week off because it is so easy just to stop doin it. I did see a pound extra on the scale so that made me work out harder today gotta continue with what I am doin. I have a goal to be a size ten by summer so I am getting my butt in gear. To everyone that took a few days off get up and get goin again!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I know how you feel. My birthday was the other day and I ate a whole cake plus went to Carrabbas! I put it behind me and got back to it!

Welcome to the thirties!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I took 5 days off a few weeks ago. My husband and I went to visit friends and family out of state and it was just too hard to track all that food since I couldn't get on the website. The lack of control of what I was eating didn't help. We ate out a lot! Plus, I didn't get a chance to exercise much while we were gone. Our goal of taking a mile walk a day never happened. I felt very lucky that I only put on a 1/2 lb the whole time. I started back the day after we got back in town. That was 2 weeks ago today and I've lost that 1/2 lb along with another 4 1/2! So, you're right. WE CAN DO IT!!!! :happy:
  • jennlos
    Options
    thanks for welcoming me into the thirties but I really didn't want to join that group yet!!..LOL. Time is flying by I wonder where the last ten years have went.
  • jennlos
    Options
    I took 5 days off a few weeks ago. My husband and I went to visit friends and family out of state and it was just too hard to track all that food since I couldn't get on the website. The lack of control of what I was eating didn't help. We ate out a lot! Plus, I didn't get a chance to exercise much while we were gone. Our goal of taking a mile walk a day never happened. I felt very lucky that I only put on a 1/2 lb the whole time. I started back the day after we got back in town. That was 2 weeks ago today and I've lost that 1/2 lb along with another 4 1/2! So, you're right. WE CAN DO IT!!!! :happy:

YEP YEP! WE CAN when we slip up or slack off we have to just put ourselves back into check and remember what are goals are. Good for you!
  • Loma
    Loma Posts: 31 Member
    Options

I am still fairly new here but I was so excited after initially losing 3-4 pounds, then I took 5 days off = not tracking what I ate...my hubby and I went away to celebrate our anniversary and our son had a b-day.....we did a lot of hiking while we were gone...but I still gained! I was so frustrated!!!
    BUT this is a journey....so I dusted myself off and got back on track...(still have 2 of the 4 to get rid of AGAIN)
    Anyhoo....if you fall off ...get back up and get back on track...love yourself enough to keep going...that is what we ALL have to learn to do:smile: That is what I am learning anyway:flowerforyou:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I had everything left for my master's degree other than my thesis due today: essays in Latin, paleaography, and two major works of research. The chaos in my life has been slowly gathering to a full scream and getting it all together this weekend was a bit of a nightmare. The point is that I didn't go to the gym Saturday or Sunday and I ate almost 2000 calories both days. But today, after I took all of my hard work to the examiners, I decided to go to the gym. 2.5 hours, 64oz h2o, and 1202 cals later, I'm feeling like I can recover from my week(end:smile:) off.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Now I just have to survive writing my thesis. :laugh:
  • Loma
    Loma Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had everything left for my master's degree other than my thesis due today: essays in Latin, paleaography, and two major works of research. The chaos in my life has been slowly gathering to a full scream and getting it all together this weekend was a bit of a nightmare. The point is that I didn't go to the gym Saturday or Sunday and I ate almost 2000 calories both days. But today, after I took all of my hard work to the examiners, I decided to go to the gym. 2.5 hours, 64oz h2o, and 1202 cals later, I'm feeling like I can recover from my week(end:smile:) off.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

WOW!! That is awesome! Congratulations!!:flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I didn't take a week off but I did have a half scoop of cappucino ice cream after my birthday dinner.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Once you get in the groove and start writing you won't even think about food. I did mine back in the day where you had to go to the library and make copies of stuff in books and magazines and take notes!:laugh: