Facebook-like spam

Options
Rayman79
Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
I seem to be noticing a lot of people are posting notes on their news feeds and on other people's walls with chain-letter style messages.

They are often things such as, 'I'm posting this on your wall to let you know you are special... post this on all other people's profiles who you think are special', or 'Please reply to this post so I know how many of my friends read what I post' etc

I would like to know people's thoughts on this. I, for one, think it is not the sort of thing people want to see on MFP. I like the meaningful replies to posts and status updates, the personal messages and not the generic spam. Others may like it though, so I'm interested in peoples views...

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I AM A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE!!!!!!!1
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if you'd like to play Farmville.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    If you forward this post to ten people you will get rich beyond your wildest dreams.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options

Only if you friend me on Zombie Cafe! :wink:
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I hate those kind of chain messages. They sort of make me angry whenever I see them. They're just random words with no meaning to me.
  • Raivynsblood
    Raivynsblood Posts: 68 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    If you are my friend and you post them, I will delete you.
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I do not like that stuff at all. It is annoying and actually makes you feel obligated to do it (I dont and you will not find me reposting anything like that). Same with the stupid forwards through text I used to get.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    >poke<
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    I typically hate these! But I am guilty of doing "it" yesterday. I actually saw it on a friends wall and the responses were interesting. The status update was:

"I'm running a test to see who's reading my posts. So, if you read this, leave me a one-word comment about your day. Only one word please. Then copy this to your wall so I can leave a word for you. Don't just post a word and not copy!!!! "

Surprisingly, this status update received more comments than anything else (diary, exercise, ect) posted. I opted to post it because I felt it was one way to learn more about my friends. It's not something I do often and probably won't do again unless I feel I can learn more about my friends in a positive manor.